200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification
- Explore the metaphysics of Yoga and evolve into a sincere yoga practitioner. With Rishikul Yogshala’s 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program in India and Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam, gain the projective insight and the stance to spread the art of yoga across the globe as a recognized yoga instructor and a practitioner of the finest standards.
Why 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training?
In their heart, a number of yogis harbor the aspiration to learn and further preach the art of yoga as a recognized yoga teacher, while some of them aspire to gain sincere knowledge of the science in order to deepen their self-practice.
But, not all of them are familiar with the veritable route to fulfill these divine aims. A 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification is specifically meant for such yogis and yoginis who wish to tread onto the path of self-discovery and inner transformation through the much enhanced teachings and practice of yoga. Those who seek the opportunity to reach out the yogic wisdom to various souls as a yoga instructor; it becomes imperative for them to undertake a sincere yoga teacher training program so it can deliver them to the desired goal.
A 200 Hour YTTC is ideal for self-practicing yogis and for yoga teaching aspirants as the program lays the ground work on which you can evolve in your yogic expedition. Commence the journey of a sincere yogic experience by taking the first step towards it with the 200 Hour Yoga Training program.
Highlights: 200 Hour Yoga TTC At Rishikul Yogshala
The main objectives of the 200 hour yoga teacher training are to develop personal growth, move throughout the day concentrating on postures, breath and contentment of the body’s constitution.
These core classes will facilitate an environment to bring personal development in a calming yet challenging lifestyle that is the journey to the self.
Rishikul’s 200 hour yoga training is meticulously designed to satisfy the requirements of the Ashtanga Yoga Primary Series and Hatha Yoga.
During your asana classes, you will learn how to correctly move through every pose, exercise the Drishti (point of focus), Prana (breath), Bandhas (locks), and Decorating (perfecting the pose)
The traditional language of Yoga is Sanskrit. And, we believe in teaching the majestic science of yoga with traditional authenticity and perfection. Hence, teaching the students correct usage and pronunciation of the Sanskrit names in Yoga is an essential part of our program.
You will understand the root definition for each pose while undergoing breath based training.
Learn the metaphysics of a human body with respect to the science of yoga during yoga anatomy classes.
Imbibe the yogic lifestyle and understand the various yamas and niyamas that govern the ethics and principles of a yogic way of life, as mentioned in the Sutras of Patanjali.
Study and practice the various adjustment and alignment techniques to ensure optimum performance and benefits of each asana while avoiding any asana related injury.
Learn the art of yogic cooking and make yogic diet a regular part of your lifestyle to stay healthy, refined and pure throughout your life.
By the end of the course, during teaching methodology classes you will have the opportunity to plan and teach your very own yoga class in front of your peers. You will gain a well-rounded knowledge of the yogic sciences and strong foundation on which to instruct your future students. Upon completion of the course, registering with Yoga Alliance International and Yoga Alliance USA is quick and easy.
Of course, discipline is the main pillar of success in becoming a true yogi. As such, we expect you to attend each class with attentiveness. But, we also understand listening to what your body tells you. Although the course is demanding, there are also two half days of free time each week with optional karma yoga trips and natural excursions.
Core Subjects Undertaken During 200 Hour YTTC
The yoga of balance as it can be described; ‘Hatha Yoga’ is one of the most traditional styles of yoga. Hatha is a symbolic of the two predominant energies in our body, ‘ha’ the ‘sun’ and ‘tha’ the ‘moon’. Exercising these energies is vital to align and center the body towards deep physical, mental and spiritual transformation. Learn about Hatha Yoga primary series as mentioned in the Hatha Yoga Pradipika during 200 Hour Yoga TTC classes with us
Originated as one of the late classic forms of yoga styles, Ashtanga Yoga signifies the eight limbs of yoga that assimilate towards a divine mind, body and spirit connection. Performed in a pre-designed series of asanas, the aim of Ashtanga Yoga is to develop strong mental, physical agility and strength, along with a calm and focused mind. Learn in detail about the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Primary Series as discussed in the traditional texts Yoga Sutras of Patanjali during our 200 Hour Yoga TTC program.
The science of breath work, Pranayama is a deeply ingrained subject that needs to be explored with precise internal work and introspection. During our 200 Hour YTTC, Pranayama is one of the core subjects taught for amplifying the knowledge and experience of breath based training in yoga.
Study and imbibe the traditional yogic lifestyle and its principles as described in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, with reference to the Samkhya School of Yoga. During the classes on Yoga Philosophy, while undergoing the 200 Hour YTTC with us, you get introduced to various yamas and niyamas that define the true Vedic way of life.
During yoga anatomy classes, you shall study in detail the science of human anatomy and its relevance during yoga asana classes. Fine tune your yoga practice and deepen it with correct understanding of the anatomical foundation of a human body.
Learn the differences between dharna and dhyana, the awareness of breath when studying the subject of meditation during the 200 Hour YTTC at Rishikul Yogshala. Understand how the mind works and learn how to achieve complete mental and spiritual calm while establishing a deep communication with your inner being.
Experience conscious restfulness when studying the subject of Yoga Nidra. Study the science behind conscious sleep and mindfulness as mentioned in the Satyananda tradition. Additionally, learn how you can lead yourself to a restful sleep and alleviate sleep related disorders during our Yoga Nidra sessions.
Adjustment and Alignment Class
Study the science of correctly walking through each pose and, how to adjust and align your body for each yoga posture in order to avoid any injury during the practice. The adjustment and alignment classes during our 200 hour YTTC are focused on helping you build correct and safe asana practice with the help of various safety props and postural corrections.
Get introduced to the six yogic works or purification processes for the mind, body and spirit during the Shatkriya sessions. Study Jal Neti and Sutra Neti kriya during the program. Prepare the body for deep asana and meditation practice with Kunjal Kriya.
Get introduced to the curative science of Ayurveda and, study its relevance and role in yoga. During the Ayurveda sessions, you shall study the three main body doshas, vata, pita and kapha that constitute the body, along with study of the six tastes and their role in balancing the mind and body of a yogi.
Indulge in study and practicum of cooking palatable, yogic food to incorporate its therapeutic benefits in your life. Some of the highlights of the yogic cooking classes during the program are learning how to prepare yogic kichadi, herbal tea and more.
Study and prepare yourself for the journey of a great yoga teacher. During the Teaching Methodology classes, study the discipline and ethics of a yoga instructor, gain hands-on experience by taking live yoga classes. Imbibe and improvise with feedback granted by your teachers and evolve as a fine 200 Hour YTTC yoga instructor.
200 Hour Yoga Training Program Curriculum
Hatha Yoga – Beginner series
- What is Hatha yoga?
- Surya Namaskar with mantra awareness
- Sukshma Vyama ( joints and glands exercise)
- Standing series of asana
- Kneeling series of asana
- Sitting series of asana
- Lying on stomach series of Asana
- Supine series of asana
- Inversion series of asana
- Importance of sequence of asana
- Asana benefits and its contra-indications
Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Primary Series
- Primary Series
- What is Vinyasa?
- 9 Drishti in Ashtanga series
- Importance of Ujjai and Bandha in series
- Chest breathing v/s Diaphragmatic breathings
- What is Prana and Pranayama mean?
- Types of Pranayama practices
- What is Nadi?
- What are Ida and Pingala?
- Seven main practices of Pranayama
Yoga Philosophy -1
- What is Darshanam?
- What is Yoga?
- History of Yoga
- The four Yuga in Yogic Tradition
- The five Kosha (bodies)
- What is Self-Realization & Liberation? Why?
- What is consciousness?
- The four faculties of mind –field
- Five Stages of Mind -Field
- The four foundational Pillars of life
- Intro to Ayurvedic life style
- Intro to Yogic sleeping life style
- Intro to Kama Sutra
- Eight limbs of Yoga of Patanjali
- What is waking state in Yogic Science?
- What is dreaming state in Yogic Science?
- What is Deep sleep state in Yogic Science?
- What is Meditation and Yoga Nidra?
- What is Yogic Anatomy and Physiology?
- Introduction of respiratory system and yogic breathing
- How Shat kriya practices benefits the body?
- How Pranayama practices are connected to digestive and immune system?
- How asana practices give various effects on joints, spine and muscular system?
- The structure of spine and its movement in Yoga
- Types of contraction in muscular system
- Know the basic studies and types of joints to avoid injury during asana classes
- Studies and discussion about spine according to yogic point of view
- What is Meditation?
- What is difference between Dharna and Dhyana?
- What are types of Meditation?
- Breath Awareness Meditation
- Contemplative Walking Meditation
- Mantra Awareness Meditation
- Inner Light Meditation
- Full Moon Meditation
Adjustment & Alignment Class - Level1
- Six steps of doing Asana correctly
- Workshop on side bending and front & back bending
- How to make mind flexible by making body flexible?
- How to use props for protection?
- Alternative style of Asana for various benefits
- Various limitations and contra-indications of specific yoga practices
Shat Kriya – Level 1
- Introduction to Shat Kriyas according to classical Hatha Yoga
- Practicum of Jal Neti and Sutra Neti (Cleansing Mucus or blockages from nasal passages and sinus)
- Practicum of Kunjal (Cleansing the excessive mucus from the digestive track)
- Introduction to Mantra yoga
- Importance of (OM)-AUM
- Mantra for Meal Purification
- Mantra for Obstacles
- Mantra for Universal Masters to Bless
- Mantra for Realization
- Mantra for Well being
- Importance of Mudra according to Hatha Yoga
- Types of Mudra
- Practicum of Gyana & Chin Mudra
- Practicum of Ashwini Mudra
- Physical, Mental and spiritual Benefits of Mudra
- Disciplines of yoga teachers and students
- The scope of listening, presence, directive and non-directive dialogue
- How important is demonstration?
- What are the preparations for class room?
- How to describe the practice, techniques and delivery in teaching a class?
- What are the seven steps to become a great Yoga teacher?
- Nine Main Doors in Human Body
- Why and what are Yogic locks?
- What are the preparation & its benefits?
- Three Main Bandha
- Moola Bandha-Root Lock
Intro to Ayurveda
- What is Ayurveda?
- How Ayurvedic science helps in Yogic life?
- How six tastes can balance the mind and body?
- What are three main mind body constitutions?
- What does health mean in Ayurveda?
- Yogic healthy Kichadi
- Yogic herbal Tea
- Group Discussion
- Root cause of all pain and suffering is ignorance, how?
- How to sit for Meditation?
- How to breathe for Yogic practices?
- How to do digestive breathing?
- Yoga Dance
- Laughing Yoga
Where To Earn 200 Hour YTTC?
Rishikul Yogshala acknowledges the fact that for a yoga training program to be holistically complete, it is essential to attain the science in the presence of these three elements – a sophisticated course curriculum, imparted by the finest yoga teachers and, all this in the presence of soul-stirring, yoga amicable environment that instigates the yogi and the spiritualist in you. To ensure the same, we have established our program in some of the most scenic and tranquilizing locations on the globe.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
Rishikesh, the hub of yoga and spirituality in India is widely acclaimed for its yogic espionage and spiritual ambiance. The land of Holy river Ganges that is also blessed with magnanimous presence of the breathtaking Himalayas has bred several yogis and embraced millions of yoga enthusiasts and wanderers with its soulful generosity and warmth. Owing to the multifarious aspects and yogic authenticity of the town, Rishikul Yogshala has established its headquarters on its very land. Those willing to unearth some of the deepest yogic treasures are welcome to enroll for our 200 Hour Yoga Program in Rishikesh, India.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Pokhara, Nepal
Commence the journey of yoga in the lap of snow capped Himalayan splendor and soul stirringly beautiful ambiance that exudes peace and solace in its very presence. The valley of Pokhara is decked with some of the most glorious Gompas for immersing in deeper level of meditation practices while the plush green fields, reverberating river streams provide motherly comfort to a wandering soul. With our 200 Hour Yoga TTC in Nepal, indulge in the divine opportunity to absorb the teachings of yoga while dwelling in the heavenly town of Pokhara in Nepal.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Paksong, Thailand
Explore the majestic art of yoga in the country of Thailand with Rishikul Yogshala. As tropical paradise, Thailand symbolizes the ancient patronage of Lord Buddha. With its enriching culture and soul capturing hydra-beauty, the town offers palatial resources for undergoing an ideal yoga and meditation program. With Rishikul Yogshala’s 200 Hour Yoga TTC in Thailand, you get to enliven a mesmeric experience that is blissfully transformative as well.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Varkala, Kerala, India
The birth land of traditional healing science of Ayurveda, the land of Kerala is indeed one of Mother Nature’s most bountiful gifts to the mankind. From breathtaking natural beauty, cleanest beaches, abundant and highly exotic flora and fauna to being the nurturer of Vedic experts, Yoga Gurus, Yoga Scholars and Erudite and Ayurveda teachers, the town is endowed with the pristine glory of Yoga and Ayurveda. Undergo a breathtakingly divine and enlightening experience at our Yoga and Ayurveda centre on the emerald beaches of Varkala in Kerala.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Khajuraho, India
Step onto the land eminent as the globe’s finest temple art and architecture sites in Khajuraho, India. Registered as one of UNESCO World Heritage sites, the town of Khajuraho offers a fine glimpse into the traditional Heritage and polished craftsmanship of India. The place is approached and inhabited by several yogis seeking learning and practice in various yoga styles particularly Tantra Yoga. During our 200 Hour Yoga TTC in Khajuraho, India, you would get the opportunity to indulge in the ancient tradition and practices of Tantra Yoga, in addition with Hatha and Ashtanga Yoga.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Hoi An, Vietnam
Immerse in a divine yogic experience in the village of Hoi An. Famous as the ‘peaceful meeting place’ for people of versatile origin and culture, the village offers the idealistic escape and ambiance for a rigorous yoga training program. With our 200 Hour Yoga TTC in Hoi An, Vietnam, run in association with Nomad Yoga, you can immerse in deep yoga and meditation practices amidst a panorama of natural scenic beauty and giant pagodas spelling traditional heritage of the truly reformative art forms.
Why Enroll Into 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program With Us?
Food And Accommodation
Who Is The Program Ideal For?
All the yoga enthusiasts and yoga lovers are invited for our 200 hour YTTC to enhance their yoga practice and to bring it to a professional level. The most important requirement for our students is to be self-motivated and have a dedicated mindset towards yogic life and ethics. We aim to spread health and peace all over the globe through our students.
All the beginner level to intermediate level yoga practitioners aspiring to become yoga teachers or, willing to delve deeper into the lifestyle of Yoga can graciously commence their journey of the science with this program.
What To Do After 200 Hour Yoga TTC?
The first step after successful completion of 200 Hour YTTC is ‘Practice’ and more intense ‘Self Practice’. Revise the teachings learnt during the program as rigorously as you can so you can build stronger confidence in yourself as a budding yoga teacher and, attain well defined practice too.
The next step is to start experiencing yourself as a yoga instructor. You could start teaching a small community, friends or relatives and gain hands-on experience in teaching live classes.
200 Hour YTTC graduates from Rishikul Yogshala are automatically eligible for attaining the rightful status of a Registered Yoga Teacher from Yoga Alliance. Hence, during the next step, you may go ahead and register your certification with Yoga Alliance and gain the status of 200 Hour RYT. Post this, you can prance forward the divine yogic acumen to the entire globe as a 200 Hour RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher).
Further, you can also enroll for advanced yoga classes or specialized yoga courses for advancing your practice and knowledge. Alternatively, you may take the next leap forward in your journey of yoga to an advanced level of learning and practice with 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification.
Rewards Of 200 Hour Yoga Instructor Training CERTIFICATION In Rishikul Yogshala
- Discover the importance of a yoga-centric life and dwell in its life’s teachings for the complete pacification of the mind, body and soul.
- Imbibe an optimistic lifestyle no matter what career path you choose to pursue.
- Gain immense yogic knowledge, as well as develop confidence and self love.
- Engage in mindful conversations and discussions reverberating with like-minded yoga enthusiasts undergoing the yoga program with you
- Emerge as a confident and refined yoga teacher and, spread an authentic view of yogic sciences across the globe.
- In addition to personal growth, become a Certified and Registered Yoga Teacher of the most prestigious standards.
- This is more than just a training, 200 Hour YTTC is an experience waiting to be unfolded as you unfold and revere the layers of your mind, body and spirit.
I have just completed the 200hours yoga teacher training with these guys and absolutely loved every minute of it. The course was taught by people who were not only excellent teachers but also amazing human beings who share their knowledge and space with joy.
We visited Rishikul Yogshala for the second time this February, the first was in July 2013. That visit changed my life so completely and in such a fulfilling way - I just felt drawn back to this school and their teachers. I am so happy I did return. Being around such inspiring, energetic and wise people, I feel truly blessed and moreover, I feel like it's more than I deserve. They are so full of life lessons I wouldn't have learnt at home, they inspire me to be a better person. Their warmth, energy and inspiration was like a recharge for me in such a way that upon returning, everyone told me I am glowing. I feel humble and grateful for this experience and I hope I will be able to give forth what they've given me, even if it's only a fraction; thank you for this amazing experience. I will be back!