We meet a number of people who share their dreams and aspirations with us. And, then they speak about the reasons that kept them away from fulfilling some of their most cherished dreams. These reasons or hindering factors usually revolve around lack of familial support, financial difficulties, etc. As a result, most of us just end up saying ‘It probably was just not meant to be.’
Some of us yogis might feel the same way too. We dream of becoming well grained yoga practitioners, but some of us might not have the required money to chase this tremendous dream of ours.
A few great men and women once said, “If you have a dream, you must fight for it. Fight to strive and survive.”
So, if you aspire to become a yoga practitioner one day and bring a change to this world through the art of yoga, then do not let money stand in your way. Instead, apply for Yoga Teacher Training Scholarship program and turn your dream of becoming a yogi into reality.
Those who hail from a humble background and are looking to attain yoga teacher training on a budget can benefit greatly from these Yoga Scholarship programs.
After careful research on various yoga schools in India that come under the RYS (Registered Yoga School) category, we have shortlisted the key pointers of consideration when applying for a Yoga Teacher Training Scholarship program in India:
- RYS category Yoga schools usually prefer an applicant to be a basic level yoga practitioner with a track record of one to two years of yoga practice.
- Additionally, you may enter a ‘letter of reference’ in your application file from an ex-student of the yoga school you are applying at.
- Dedication and discipline are key factors and these shall be taken seriously into account. Hence, try your best to maintain an attendance record of 85% at least in order to avoid the risk of getting your scholarship cancelled. So, whenever you apply, make sure you have a clear schedule and a focused mind for undergoing their rigorous yoga teacher training program.
- The concept of Karma yoga is not only preached, but also strictly practiced in most of the RYS category yoga schools all over India. Hence, participate actively in Karma Yoga projects. Similarly, if you have participated in any kind of Karma Yoga projects before then mention their details along with supportive evidence in your YTTC Scholarship application to make a stronger impression.
- Additionally, you can include pictures, written experiences expressing your passion for yoga.
- The most important point to consider is whether you actually require financial assistance or not. In order to prove the same, you shall be asked to produce documents in support of your financial status stating you are not financially capable of affording the YTTC program on your own.
- During the entire course, you shall be expected to display moral conduct. Any form of misconduct shall result in dismissal of your status as a scholarship student in the respective yoga school.
Once you are selected for a yoga teacher training scholarship, whether 200 hour yoga teacher training or Hatha Yoga classes or 500 hour Yoga TTC, you shall be provided with the same schedule, classes and treated the same way as other students.
A standard YTTC scholarship package includes:
- Double Occupancy Accommodation
- Ayurveda Meals thrice a day
- Yoga Classes (Same as non-scholarship students)
- Course Curriculum Delivery (Same as non-scholarship students)
- Certification on Successful Completion of the Program
So, if you think you have it in you, then it is time to put your passion for yoga to test. Register for a yoga scholarship test today and bring yourself closer to your dream of being an established yogi.