Let’s admit that most of us are not morning buddies. The long wee hours, the stressful lifestyle, the constant scrolling of smartphones at night and so much more leaves us in a state of constant weariness that eventually disrupts our mornings. No matter how many rude alarms we set, some of us find it extremely difficult to get up early in the morning, no matter what. Well, an astounding reason can inspire you to become an early bird like the morning yoga session.
An invigorating morning yoga routine at the daybreak with a well-rested body and fresh mind can be an experience of bliss and health unbounded. Beginning the mornings with asana and meditation practices can infuse you with a new positive energy, relieve the old stresses while actively preparing you for the day’s work and productivity. Morning benefits of yoga are plenty in comparison with the days without it.
So, give morning yoga a try for these top health benefits.
1. Balance the Hormones and Get Ready for the Day: Get up early in the morning. Inhale the fresh air and absorb the first sunlight rays while practicing the yoga asanas and meditation. Practice yoga postures that are calming in nature and chant a mantra that you resonate with for heightened wellbeing. The volumes of household chores and hard work at the office can offset the endocrine glands. An hour dedicated to the morning yoga practice fortifies the endocrine gland keeping the hormones balanced while the meditation practice harmonizes the mind orienting you to take on the day in high spirits.
2. Higher Energy Flow and Boosted Oxygenation: Increased oxygenation in the body fosters sensations of freshness, fills the body with vitality and confidence to take on the challenges of the day without much stress. The body movement in various directions while performing the yoga poses involve a high-degree of oxygenation at cellular levels that invigorate the practitioners from deep within. The fresh-gush of energy streaming through the body from head to toe is what keeps you going despite the challenges resulting in higher awareness.
3. Fuel up the Metabolism for Productivity: Sluggish human system acts as a major hindrance to the work performed. Digestive issues, morning aches, and more distracts our attention and disturbs the pattern of living. Showing up on a yoga mat early in the morning is a boon for the body. The yoga poses warm up and awaken the digestive system, eliminate the toxins and vitalize the organs, while easing the pain.
4. Activating a Calm Brain: Reduce stress in the brain with the science of yoga. Owing to the modern competitive lifestyle–the anxiety and tensions have taken a commonplace in our lives. The discharge of stress hormones and the active sympathetic nervous system manifests in the form of insomnia, hair fall, depression, etc. The Pranayama teaches us the natural way of breathing– inhaling and exhaling deeply that helps in keeping stress under control. Additionally, the performance of yoga poses in the morning activate the parasympathetic nervous system allowing us to savor a calmer and sweeter day.
5. Toning and Shaping the Body: Yoga is one great way of losing the stubborn fat without compromising on the flexibility and strength. Morning yoga is a great routine to tone and detoxify the body for radiant shine and beauty all day long. Also, yoga practices in the morning condition the brain to help you work out with dedication and exuberance.
6. Warm-Up and Embrace Flexibility: Get rid of the nagging pain and stiffness through morning yoga. Practicing the yoga poses and breathing techniques in the morning warm up the muscles making you more flexible and better at work and home. Sitting in chairs all through the day puts a lot of strain on the muscles while the early stretching makes the sedentary lifestyle less harmful.
7. Establish a Routine: For most of us, the day is filled with work and chores. Hence, incorporating a yoga practice into it can be tough for many while the evenings can be too tiresome. So, practicing yoga first in the morning is an enrapturing experience of happiness and wealth. It magnifies our health, connects us to nature, the Self, and empowers us to carry out the day in a disciplined manner.
Yoga at any time of the day is beneficial. But, yoga in the morning is exceptional as it gives you beauty, heart, and the ‘will’ to spend the day in the best way possible.
To Know more about the benefits of yoga in the morning, join yoga teacher training in India.