Today many parts of the world are celebrating St Valentine’s Day, sending cards, flowers and chocolates and dedicating the day to the one they love, or would like to love!
We share our five reasons why yoga can lead to an open heart and blissful love life:
1. Yoga teaches you to be more in tune with your body, mind, soul and heart. Practice a heart opening asana, such as the bow pose (Dhanurasana).
2. Yoga lets you know your body more intimately, meaning that the greater intimacy you have with yourself the more intimacy you can develop with your lover.
3. Yoga and exercise release feel good endorphins and helps us to distress, practice just before your Valentine’s date as you will be in a happy mood and relaxed.
4. Yoga practice enables you to tune into the breath and mind allowing a greater understanding of yourself and each other. Take up ‘Partner Yoga’ to support and balance with your loved one.
5. Yoga has a sexier side!! Delve deeper into Tantric Yoga with your partner, the practice expands your connection and awareness to create a stronger bond. The perfect end to a romantic Valentines Day.