In modern times, all areas of life have constant physical and mental demands. To meet those demands, we work like hell around the clock which often leads us to a number of ailments. To name a few, stress, anxiety, emotional imbalances and insomnia are some of the most common problems these days. Everyone wants to live a happy, healthy, and harmonious life. To attain this, Yoga is one of the most effective ways. Because of its myriad benefits for mind, body and soul, the importance of yoga in daily life cannot be undervalued. Yoga has the ability to mend and transform the mental, physical, and emotional state of a person.
Our body is made up of five elements- Air, Water, Fire, Earth and Sky. To ensure proper functioning of the body, there should be a balance between all the elements. Here comes the role of Yoga. Yoga Mudras balances all the elements in the body and ensures proper functioning of the entire being. Yoga mudras are hand gestures that connect the dots of the body and offer wonderful health benefits. In our body, the thumb represents fire, the index finger represents air, middle finger represents the sky, ring finger represents earth, and the little finger represents water. When a finger is connected with the thumb, the specific element represented by that finger is balanced.
To get a better understanding of yoga mudras, one can enroll for yoga teacher training programs in India. India, being the motherland of yoga offers premium learning and knowledge of yoga. A yoga ttc in India will help gain deeper understanding of all aspects of yoga, including postures, breathing techniques, meditation, yoga philosophy, yoga mudras, bandhas, mantra chanting and more.
One of the most powerful yoga mudras is ‘Prithivi Mudra’. Also known as ‘Prithvi Vardhak Mudra’, it increases the ‘earth’ element within the body. It also decreases the ‘Agni’ element. Hence, it is also called as ‘Agni Shamak Mudra’.
Prithvi is a Sanskrit word that signifies ‘earth’. Earth has been referred as the gestural of composure and coolness which possess the ability to console the torso elements. This mudra helps reconstruct balance and confidence. It also activates the root chakra, wherein our natural forcefulness and strength reside. This mudra helps us achieve constancy and alimentation to grow and be successful in this world.
How to be done: Begin with spreading out your fingers. Touch the tips of the thumb with the ring finger by putting light pressure. Extend the other fingers. Use this mudra for 15-45 minutes for at least 3 times a day. You can do this mudra anytime and anywhere. However, the best time to perform this mudra is morning for best results. Practice it regularly for quick-paced outcomes.
The wonderful benefits of Prithvi Mudra: As the earth element of the body is responsible for weight, hair and other traits. It is one of the major components of bones, nails, flesh, muscles, tendons, internal organs, etc. To learn more and experience its miraculous benefits better, go on a month-long Yoga Teacher Training Certification in India. Take a glance at some of the major benefits of Prithvi mudra:
- Regular practice of Prithvi Mudra strengthens the tissues of the whole body. Tissues are made of the earth element.
- It effectively cures degenerative diseases, like T.B.
- It promotes the growth and regrowth of hair which is linked to the earth element of the body. When the pressure is applied on the tip of the ring with the thumb, the cells are activated and, the regrowth of hair is initiated.
- It helps in weight gain by increasing the earth element of the body
- Regular practice of Prithvi Mudra benefits bones, cartilage, skin, muscles, flesh, etc.
- It has the ability to relieve ulcers and burning sensations.
- Performing Prithvi Mudra on a regular basis relieves Jaundice, typhoid, fever, etc.
- It stabilises chronic fatigue and strengthens the muscles.
- Practicing Prithvi Mudra on everyday basis rebuilds stamina and improves immunity.
- Prithvi Mudra has special healing powers that can provide relief from several prolonged diseases and illnesses.
- Practicing this mudra each day for 30-40 minutes may can enhance visuality.
- It is highly effective for people suffering from Kapha dosha (fluid imbalance).
- It helps in establishing torso effectiveness.
- The finger positions in this mudra heighten the awareness of smell and offer benefits for nails, skin, hair, and bones.
- It helps achieve Body balance.
Register for a Yoga ttc in India to build regular practice of Prithvi mudra and reap the astounding benefits offered by the earth element of the body.