The ancient yoga style that originated over thousands of years ago ‘Hatha Yoga’ translates to “union of the opposites through a force.” Hatha Yoga is a powerful and transformative practice of postures (asanas), breath (pranayama), gestures (mudras), locks (bandhas), meditation sounds (nadausandhana), and cleansing process (Shat kriyas) for magnifying the physiological functions of the body in order to prepare it for attaining mental steadiness and realizing spiritual goals.
The word ‘Hatha’ comes from the Sanskrit terms “Ha” and “Tha” representing the ‘Sun’ and ‘Moon’ respectively. Hatha Yoga is the science of balancing the solar-lunar and pair of opposites that exists within each of us for a more intimate connection to the Self. And, according to the sacred texts on Hatha Yoga, it is the art of opening the Sushumna Nadi, thus awakening the Kundalini that is the path to higher consciousness and enlightenment.
Hatha Yoga, with its diverse practices, is designed to bring in health, joy, and harmony of the body, mind, and soul. Putting the body to practice the variety of Hatha Yoga postures does wonder for the organs, muscles, mind, and spirits. Experience health benefits of Hatha Yoga With Us:
1. Healthy Heart: The dedicated practice of Hatha Yoga postures are effective in controlling the disease of hypertension– one of the major causes of heart problems and heart attacks. The Hatha Yoga improves the blood flow to the heart and decreases the chances of anginal episodes in people resulting in a healthy heart.
2. More Bone Density: The Hatha Yoga system includes several weight-bearing yoga postures like Tree Pose, Warrior Pose, Triangle Pose, etc., that help in reversing the bone loss by building bone-density. Healthy bones are extremely important for people of any age to minimize the risk of developing fragile bones– medically known as osteoporosis and osteopenia. Daily Hatha yoga practices can assist in building bone mass in the spine and femur.
3. Clear and Shiny Skin: The Hatha Yoga Shat-kriya practices deeply purify the body inside-out. Additionally, the postures work as detoxifying agents at some levels eliminating toxins and granting inner glow, lustrous skin, and a peachy glow.
4. Builds Core Strength: Adopt the Hatha Yoga for fortifying your core. The core is the midsection of the body consisting of the traverse abdominis, erector spinae, obliques, and lower lates. To stay away from the injury, to perform well in sports, and to manifest a robust body–it is essential that your core is strong and flexible. The Hatha poses: boat posture, downward dog, plank asana strengthens the external obliques; Warrior I pose works on hips; Chair Asana targets the paraspinal muscles.
5. Lubricates the Joints: The Hatha Yoga effectively works on the multiple joints of the body helping them get their full range of motion. In a sedentary lifestyle, the joints are not worked to their full capacity. As a result, they tend to stiffen up. So, greatly improve your mobility in joints with the Hatha Yoga.
6. Treats a Backache: According to several types of research, the performance of Hatha Yoga poses along with its variations and modifications are potent in treating the symptoms of lower backpain and many other back problems. This natural science is highly effective in treating a backache and providing a long-lasting relief.
7. Improves Balance and Posture: The improved posture benefits of Hatha Yoga are highly alluring. The Hatha Yoga poses facilitate balance and a sense of proprioception. The Hatha Yoga practices stretch the spine making you look taller and confident.
8. Stress Reliever: A natural way to ward off the stress is to show up on a yoga mat and to perform some Hatha Yoga poses. Every Hatha Yoga asana directs the individuals to mental peace and positivity. Practice for gaining the mental health benefits of Hatha Yoga.
9. Enhance Quality of Prana: Pranayama is central to the Hatha Yoga Style. The diverse breathing techniques improve the quality of life force–prana and nourish the body and mind thereby increasing your lifespan.
10. Overall Well-being: A regular practice of Hatha Yoga enhances multiple aspects of physical, mental, and spiritual being honoring the practitioners with an efficiently working healthy body, mind, and spirit.
Make Hatha Yoga a part of your life to live in perfect balance and harmony.
To know about Hatha Yoga in further detail, explore our Yoga Teacher Training In India.