Have you been practicing the mystical science of yoga for a long time now? If yes, then advance your practice to next level and build your way to Chakrasana (Wheel Pose ). Perform the strong-back bending wheel asana and benefit your whole body, mind, and soul.
Alternatively known as Urdhva Dhanurasana (Upward-Facing Bow Pose), this yoga asana has many reported benefits. It is believed that a consistent practice of wheel pose greatly enhances the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of a practitioner and unlocks the heart chakra. Slowly delve into the practice of chakrasana and keep all the vital nerves and spine protected and healthy.
Learn the steps to perform Chakrasana (Wheel Pose):
1. Lie down on a yoga mat with bent knees and place your heels close to your hips.
2. Raise your arms, fold your elbows, and rest your palms beside your ears with fingers pointing towards the shoulders.
3. Actively press the feet into the floor and push your tailbone and posterior away from the ground.
4. Now, press the hands down into a yoga mat and lift the crown of the head from the floor.
5. Keep your arms and inner feet parallel to the earth.
6. Straighten the arms and come into a wheel pose.
7. Look down at the floor and hold this pose for 30 seconds.
Have a look at the Top 10 health benefits of wheel pose:
1. Opens the Heart Chakra: Unleash the power of love, kindness, and happiness through the practice of chakrasana. The chakrasana opens up the heart chakra, Anahata and makes the practitioners experience the spiritual power and positive transformations. Heal your heart, balance your heart energies and savor an increased sense of connectedness with the life.
2. Balances the Nervous system: Consistently perform wheel pose and trigger your parasympathetic nervous system. The wheel pose is well-known to reduce the signs and symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress. It slows, cools down the mind, balances the nervous system, and helps you rest in a peaceful state.
3. Energizes the body: Chakrasana is a great and natural body-mind energizer. Whenever you feel low on energy levels, perform a wheel pose and vitalize all your stamina, energy, and strength. The pose also unlocks the various energy centers and channels within the body and helps prana travel through the entire body revitalizing the spirit of the practitioner.
4. Stimulates the Thyroid Glands: The performance of chakrasana highly benefits the pituitary and thyroid glands. The wheel pose helps produce the TSH releasing hormone (TRH) which signals the pituitary gland to stimulate the thyroid gland and assist in keeping these glands in the best of the health.
5. Stretches the Back: Reverse the ill effects of a sedentary lifestyle by performing a chakrasana. The chakrasana effectively stretches the upper and lower back thus providing relief from a backache and associated health problems.
6. Strengths the Vertebrae: A wheel posture powerfully strengthens and lengthens the vertebrae that enhance the elasticity and flexibility of the spine. It is an effectual yoga asana that creates space in the spine and keeps it healthy.
7. Heightens Lungs Health: Chakrasana is an instrumental yoga posture that opens and strengthens the lungs. It intensifies the amount of oxygen to the rib cage and improves respiration. The prolonged holding of this posture with deep inhalations and exhalations therapeutically affects the asthmatic patients.
8. Promotes Weight Loss: As you stretch your body in a wheel pose you naturally lose fat-build up from your oblique areas. When practiced regularly, you shall notice a toned and slim body. It also strengthens the abdominal muscles granting you a robust physique.
9. Loosens Hips: Athletes acknowledge the importance of having flexible hips. Wheel pose potently opens up the hips and increases mobility in the posterior that enables them to perform their movements efficiently. The pose also helps in keeping the hips and lower back strong thus benefiting the overall wellness.
10. Reduces Osteoporosis: As we age our bones become weak and brittle and the risk of developing osteoporosis increases. Wheel pose effectively reduces the onset of osteoporosis by strengthening the bones of the body.
Make this powerful and potential yoga pose a part of your daily routine and exhibit a robust physique, peaceful mind, and compassionate soul.
To Know more about Chakrasana, join yoga teacher training in India.