The 5000- year old science of yoga is a gift of peace, well-being, vitality, and self-confidence for the body, mind, and soul. As the individuals dedicatedly embark upon the yogic odyssey, they experience immense health, joy, and higher consciousness in no time.
The important physical element of yoga, the yoga asanas is the primary route to acquire a well-built body, one-pointed mind, and to feel infinite contentment and Atmic Ananda (Inner Joy). The tenacious effort to perform the asanas with perfection balances the muscles, joints, organs, psyche, and chakras of the practitioners. The bodily movements strengthen and harmonize the whole human body fostering a sense of relaxation and inner liberation.
Out of the 84-lakh yoga poses, Ananda Balasana (Happy Baby Pose) is one of the easiest and most magical postures that relaxes the lower muscle group, stretches the hamstrings, and regulates the flow of nutrients in the body, thereby helping in maintaining optimal vitality and wellness.
Take a look at the steps of performing the Happy Baby Pose in order to gain maximum benefits. Additionally, modification tips are mentioned for a hassle-free performance.
1. Lie on the back. Exhale, bend your knees and bring them up towards the stomach.
2. Inhale, grab the outer edge of the feet firmly with your hands. Alternatively, people can loop a strap around the feet or can place the hands on the calves.
3. Spread your knees hip-width apart and raise the knees up to your armpits. If uncomfortable, reduce the distance between the knees.
4. Set each ankle directly over the knees and shins perpendicular to the floor.
5. Support the lower back and head on a yoga bolster to avoid strain.
6. Hold this pose for 60 seconds.
Learn about the amazing health benefits of happy baby pose to feel inspired. Take a glance at the list below:
1. Wonderful Hip Opener: Melt away the tensions and release the emotional baggage stored in the hips through the performance of Happy Baby Pose. Ananda Balasana opens up the tight areas creating an energetic feeling by releasing the pent-up insecurities. Stretched hips are beneficial for the spine and back.
2. Lengthens the Hamstrings: Happy Baby Pose is particularly important for the hamstrings, groins, and inner thighs. The pose stretches these areas and prevents the risk of a hamstring tear, groin strain, and inner thigh injury. Ananda Balasana strengthens the entire kinetic chain and helps in a smooth and speedy recovery.
3. Releases the Sacrum: The sacred bone of a human body– The Sacrum protects the vital life-giving organs. The sacrum is responsible for developing a strong pelvis, supporting the spine and the upper body. The happy baby pose decompresses the sacrum and makes the upper and lower body healthier.
4. Massages the Stomach: The Ananda Balasana gives a nice massage to the stomach and helps in stimulating the digestive system. A healthy digestive tract is necessary to keep the problems of constipation, bloating, etc., by the wayside. Also, chronic stomach problems can lead to serious health issues like piles, irritated bowel system, etc.
5. Stimulates the Kidneys: The mankind is endowed with a pair of wonderful organs– kidneys. Kidneys effectively regulate the amount of water in a body, remove waste products, and balance the minerals. For a healthy functioning of kidneys, it is important that they are in good shape. The happy baby pose is an effective technique to keep the kidneys in perfect health.
6. Unlocks the Svadhisthana Chakra: The sacral chakra provides a sense of belongingness, pleasure, and intimacy. It is the relationship center with our friends, family, and spouse. Ananda Balasana harmonizes the Svadhisthana chakra and helps us handle our relationships from a heartfelt place.
7. Mood Booster: The Ananda Balasana relieves stress and activates a positive nervous energy. It has the ability to transform the busy mind into a young, carefree infant. The pose zaps anxiety and reinvigorates the mind.
8. Revitalizes the Body: The everyday practice of happy baby pose is powerful in negating the sensations of tiredness. Delve into this pose and experience heightened energy, vitality, and cheerfulness.
9. Beneficial For Lower Back: Support and strengthen your lower back with the Ananda Balasana. The happy baby pose positively affects the lower back and decreases the onset of lower back pain and other problems.
10. Fosters Happiness: True to its name–The Happy Baby Pose gives the much-needed relief from the ordeals of a modern living and confers with a childlike energy and happiness that flows through the entire being.
Leave aside the busy, stressful moments for a while, sink into the Ananda Balasana, and open yourself to the innocent, pure, and fascinating world around.