Yoga is the practice of the body and mind that bestows a treasure of good health and happy living. There are many who confuse yoga with religion, or a practice reserved for women and the flexible ones only while others think that yoga is only about performing complex positions. But in reality, yoga practice is for one and all and everyone regardless of their age, gender, creed, or type. If you’re a beginner or someone on the lookout for easy yoga poses then try out these amazing and effective easy yoga asana series to get started with:
Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
- Stand straight on the floor with legs slightly apart and hands hanging beside the body.
- Keep your back, waist, and legs aligned in a straight line.
- Now inhale and raise your hands upwards. At the same time, lift your body slowly and stand on your toes.
- Now bring your hands close to the chest and join them in Anjali Mudra. Hold the pose for 30 seconds.
Uttanasana (Standing-Forward Bend)
- Stand straight in a Tadasana position with hands on the hips.
- Now exhale and loosen your knees and then raise your hands upward overhead.
- Now bend your torso forward folding at the hips and bring your hands down and touch the floor.
- Your head should rest between the shin and be in the position for a minute.
Vrikshasana (Tree Pose)
- Assume Tadasana pose and then bend your right leg at the knee and place its sole on the joint of the left shin.
- Keep your left leg straight and once you get comfortable in the pose, take a deep breath.
- Now raise your hands upwards above the head and bring them closer to join together in Namaste pose or Anjali
- Keep your spine and head straight and gaze fixed at a distant object. Hold the pose for a minute.
Trikonasana (Triangle Pose)
- Stand with an erect spine on the floor and place your legs 3-4 feet apart.
- Now move your right foot outside to form a 90-degree angle and left foot should be placed at a 15-degree angle.
- Inhale and as you exhale, bend your torso towards the right and waist should be straight.
- Now keep your right palm flat on the floor alongside the feet and left arm should be in the air.
- Both your arms should form a straight line. Stay in the position for 30 seconds. Release and repeat on the other side.
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Forward-Facing Dog)
- Start with being on your fours keeping your knees and hips aligned and hands slightly ahead of your shoulders.
- Now breathe in and lift the heels and knees upwards as you breathe out to lift your hips and tailbone.
- Now slightly push your legs backward keeping the spine and legs straight to form an inverted-
- Keep your head in between the arms and stay in the pose for a minute.
Balasana (Child’s Pose)
- Stand straight on your knees with feet slightly apart. Now lower down your torso and sit on your hips.
- Keep the hips on the feet and then fold your torso forward from the hips.
- Make sure the forehead touches the floor, abdomen rests between the thighs, and hands are placed beside the body.
- Hold the pose for a minute or more.
Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose)
- Lie straight on the floor on your back with feet kept hip-width apart.
- Now bend your knees placing the feet flat on the floor while aligning the knee and ankle.
- Now take a deep breath and lift your back off the floor with the support of your hands.
- Touch your chin with the chest and support the body with the hands, feet, and shoulders.
- Hold the pose for a minute.
Top Benefits of Easy Yoga Poses:
- Massage abdominal organs and improve digestion.
- Strengthen, tone, and stretch the body.
- Enhance the lung and liver functioning.
- Relieve menstrual and menopause symptoms.
- Aid high blood pressure and improve blood circulation.
- Release body tension, fatigue, and dizziness.
- Reduce stress and anxiety.
- Relieves insomnia, back, and neck pain.
- Provide mental and physical stability.
- Improve focus and concentration.
- Enhance spine flexibility and relieve sciatica.
- Therapeutic for osteoporosis, asthma, infertility, and flat feet.
- Improve body posture and balance.
- Regulate the respiratory and nervous system.
Practice these easy yoga poses in the morning for a healthier and energized body and being.
To know about these wonderful asanas in further detail, explore our Yoga Teacher Training In India.