Yoga Science holds the Moon in great brilliance. The Solar (sun) and Lunar (moon) forces are the representatives of polar energies in a human body. The science of Hatha Yoga emanates from a deep understanding of the human anatomy and focuses on the use of yoga asanas to bring a balance between the Ida and Pingala within. It is a profound system of sustaining higher dimensions of energy.
Ardha Chandrasana (Half-moon Pose), a Hatha Yoga posture aids in channelizing the lunar energies and helps in maintaining a keen sense of body orientation in space. Half Moon pose is an energetic yoga posture that encourages the extension of a torso in one direction and lifting the leg in other like the radiating moon luminescent in the night sky. It is a great yoga asana to learn the principles of balance and heightened awareness.
Balance with confidence and beam out in all directions by following the steps of the Half Moon pose:
1. Start the half moon pose by performing the Utthita Trikonasana (extended triangle).
2. Rest the left hand on the left hip and locate your left foot 6-7 inches forward along the floor.
3. Simultaneously, extend the right hand forward beyond the right foot and locate it on the ground.
4. With an exhalation, compress the right foot into the ground to straighten the right leg.
5. At the same time, lift the left leg up and parallel to the floor.
6. Bear most of the body weight on the erect leg.
7. Hold this pose for 30-60 seconds.
Dedication, laughter, surrender are the three important aspects of the Ardha Chandrasana practice. Sink into this pose to extract the benefits. Discover the seven health benefits of half moon pose in the upcoming section:
1. Stronger Lower Body: Incorporating the half moon yoga posture into the health regimen helps in developing and maintaining strong legs, glutes, quads, hamstrings while creating an overall muscle strength and mobility. It makes you look physically better as well as supportive of the body in every movement.
2. An Improved Sense of Balance: Our body has a very dynamic sense of balance. We utilize this balance to orient ourselves in the universe. The Ardha Chandrasana fosters better coordination and sense of physical- mental balance in practitioners. An improved balance is required to prevent falls, to stay mentally agile, and in harmony with the surroundings.
3. Alleviate Sciatica Pain: Excruciating sciatica pain can make it impossible for the sufferer to move and stand. It can be safely cured through a non-surgical and non-invasive method of Half Moon Pose. Ardha Chandrasana is therapeutic for the sciatica pain. The pose effectively soothes the irritation and inflammation of the sciatic nerve and provides far-reaching results.
4. Tranquilize the Brain: Peace of mind confers countless benefits to the individuals. Calm mind is vital for the overall health, for responding to the situations in a diligent manner, to develop an optimistic outlook towards life, etc. Ardha Chandrasana helps achieve a tranquilized mind that ultimately keeps you happy, positive, and inspired in life.
5. Healthy Digestion: “A healthy outside, starts from healthy inside.” — Robert Urich. So, embark on a journey of internal health that radiates outside through the science of yoga. Practice half moon pose for a robust digestive system that helps in a proper assimilation and elimination for a healthy internal system.
6. Relieve Menstrual Problems: The time of menstruation can be difficult for many girls and women. Pain, cramps, dysmenorrhea, a majority of women suffer through a very difficult menstruation cycle. The half moon pose is a boon for women undergoing this situation.
7. Teaches Self Awareness: The Ardha Chandrasana teaches the practitioners that journey is more important for self-awareness and self-acceptance rather than perfecting the pose. Self-Awareness is a process of deeper self- inquiry in order to find everything we need within ourselves. It is a process of deeply knowing oneself and applying the wisdom as much as we can.
Establish deep internal and physical balance in a Half Moon Pose. Radiate with strength, stability, and health in all spheres of life.
To Know more about Ardha Chandrasana, join yoga teacher training in India.