If as a yoga practitioner, you wish to advance in your yogic journey, then, Plank Pose is for you. Kumbhakasana is both strengthening and balancing yoga asana fortifying the whole body, especially the core for more high-level arm-balancing yoga poses.
In addition to the benefits for the core and arms, the benefits of plank pose for internal and external body parts are diverse and miraculous. Begin the practice with us and become a recipient of the rewards.
Step-by-Step Instructions of the Posture:
Modifications and Props:
● If your arms and core are not strong enough to support your body, perform half plank pose with knees in contact with the ground.
● You can practice Adho Mukha Svanasana against a wall and slowly transition into Plank Pose.
Deepen the Pose:
● In the final pose, try lifting one leg at a time. Hold the leg up high for five breaths. Repeat the same with the other.
● Open the space between the shoulder blades and do not narrow your collar bones. This alignment instruction will prepare you for Bakasana and Sirsasana.
Tips for practicing the pose:
● Keep the body in one straight line from shoulders to heels.
● The distance between your hands and feet should remain the same in Plank Pose as it was in Downward-Facing Dog.
7 Health Benefits of Kumbhakasana:
With so many rewards, it’s no brainer why Plank Pose is revered among yogis. Practice it to grow stronger and steadier.