YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN KERALA
- Sail to the motherland of Ayurveda and embark upon the soulful journey of yoga in the breathtaking region of Varkala, Kerala. With another branch in God’s own country, Kerala, Rishikul Yogshala rewards the ideal escapade into the cosmic of yoga and spirituality. Come and discover the treasures of the most natural and traditional healing sciences with one of our Yoga and Ayurveda Teacher Training Certifications in Kerala, India.
Why Go for Yoga Teacher Training in Kerala?
A destination streamlined with the cleanest beaches, crystalline sand dunes, soul-quenching backwaters, exquisite flora and fauna – the mesmeric town of Kerala has always been eminent for its bountiful resources, natural reserves and, of course the science of yoga and Ayurveda, including the very infamous martial art form, of which this land is the origin – Kalaripayattu.
The birth mother of Ayurveda rewards a soul with the ideal environment and resources for deep internal self-reflection, and for undergoing a complete transformation of the mind, body, and spirit. A yoga teacher training program in Kerala introduces the practitioner to the gifts that can only be relished for a lifetime.
Rishikul Yogshala has always been fond of this place for its sanguineness and healing treasures. Acknowledging these facts, we have set up another wing in the Varkala region of Kerala from where we impart the most authentic and refined teachings of Ayurveda and Yoga to our students.
Undergoing a YTTC in Varkala at Rishikul Yogshala is a rewarding experience. The cliff top location of the school provides a breathtaking panorama of the crystalline beach, wide garden spaces, herb gardens and a mesmeric country life. Only a few breaths away from the magnificent sea, the yoga teacher training experience here becomes truly delightful and authentic as the students are led through a highly invigorating journey of yoga under the admiring tutelage of the much revered Yoga and Ayurveda teachers.
The town offers the ideal ambiance, appropriate resources, and widely honored yoga teachers for imparting the education of yoga to the students.
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN KERALA - WITH AYURVEDA
Our YTTC in Kerala offers the perfect combination of Yoga Teacher Training with the added benefits of Vedic practices and learning in the motherland of Ayurveda.
The town of Varkala is adorned with a cliff top acting as a soothing destination for yogis, backpackers, and travelers. The school works closely with the Ayurvedic practices of which Varkala is the birthplace of.
On offer is a wholesome range of relaxation therapies, Yoga, Meditation and Pranayama in 200 Hour, 300 Hour and 500 Hour yoga teacher training course in Kerala. In addition to Yoga Asana and Yoga Philosophy, our students experience the authentic art of massages, Vedic spa treatments, and Panchakarma therapies.
Our certified teachers travel from Rishikesh and other parts of Kerala to impart the wisdom of Yoga and Ayurveda in the silent recesses of our ashram in Kerala.
During leisure hours, the students can spend blissful moments at some of the most beautiful and bucolic beaches in the globe.
Seek the yogi in you and let the yogi communicate with the soul and the divine with a Yoga Training program in Kerala.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Varkala, Kerala
Step forward in your journey of yoga and evolve into a sincere practitioner during this program. Become a certified yoga instructor of finest standards with our 200 Hour Yoga TTC in Kerala. This month-long program shall lay the building blocks upon which you can develop as a complete yogi. Upon graduating as 200 RYT, you can prance ahead in your journey of yoga with 300 Hour YTTC.
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Varkala, Kerala
Advance to the next level of learning and practice of yoga with our 300 hour Yoga TTC in Kerala. Gain recognition and validation status of being an excellent 300 Hour Yoga Teacher holding immense knowledge and practice of the traditional system and discipline of yoga. During our 300 Hour YTTC, you shall undergo advanced teachings in the subjects along with practical implication of the same.
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Varkala, Kerala
Step into the heavenly cosmos of yoga and emerge as a full-fledged yoga teacher and practitioner signifying finest and most authentic standards with our 500 Hour Yoga TTC in Kerala. This 2-Month long program shall equip you with complete knowledge and practice of the traditional styles of yoga along with acquainting you with the pragmatic way of life, ethics and principles that yoga is symbolic of.
Kalaripayattu and Yoga Teacher Training in Kerala
Learn, immerse and acquire the age-old traditional style of martial art, Kalaripayattu with our Kalaripayattu and Yoga TTC in Kerala. A martial art form which traces its roots back to Kerala, is widely acclaimed for being one of the most physically, mentally and spiritually challenging forms of martial art ever developed. The art form seeks an assemblage of yoga and intense style of defense mechanism that was birthed in the majestic lap of Kerala. Upon successful completion of this program, you shall gain sharper intuitive skills, strength, stamina, agility and a heightened sense of self-defense.
CURRICULUM HIGHLIGHTS: YTTC in Kerala at Rishikul Yogshala
- Sun salutation with 12 Surya mantras and its benefits
- Traditional and classical Hatha yoga
- Correct alignment and adjustments
- The benefits of each asana
- Terminologies and Sanskrit names and the meaning of asana
- Modification of asana for various ability levels
- How to use props correctly
- Breath-based training
- Mudras or gestures
- Study of eight limbs of Yoga
- In-depth study of Ashtanga Vinyasa
- Primary series and secondary series
- Details of all the involved asanas
- Learn to concentrate on energy locks (bandhas)
- Yama (Principles or moral code)
- Niyama(Personal Disciplines)
- Asana (Yoga Positions or Yogic Postures)
- Pranayama (Yogic Breathing)
- Pratyahara (Withdrawal of Senses)
- Dharana (Concentration on Object)
- Dhyan (Meditation)
- Samadhi (Salvation)
- State of Super bliss, joy and merging individual consciousness into universal consciousness. The union between Jivatman and Paramatman. Realizing the Bramhan (pure consciousness) or Realization of universe is the ultimate achievement of Human Birth
Yoga Philosophy/ Yoga Lifestyle
- The base of the philosophy and history of yoga
- Introduction to Yoga Sutras, Shiva sutras, Kama Sutras, and Bhakti Sutra
- Detailed study of the five Yamas and Niyamas that form the core of Yogic Lifestyle
- Introduction to yoga sutras, Shiva sutras, kama sutras, and bhakti sutra
- Study of all yoga hypothesis on the basis of ancient scriptures
- Guided and self-meditation
- Learn how to guide others in meditation
- The science of meditation and proper breathing
- Yoga Nidra basic series up to four levels
- Meditations and its practices
- Knowledge of the breathing techniques beneficial to both the body and mind
- Nadi Shodhanam, Bhastrika, Ujjai, Shetali and Shetkari, Nadi and Kapalbhati
- The importance of diaphragmatic breathing
- Stress and anxiety related breathing techniques
- External Pranayama series up to two variations
- Kumbhaka (retention) and pause less or continuous breathings
- Levels of concentrations and its refinements
- Theoretical knowledge necessary for teaching in the future
- Ability to apply appropriate practices to improve and maintain health
- Knowledge of the benefits and side effects of particular yoga practices
- Techniques of observations and correcting the bodily systems and organs
- Energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, and others)
- Anatomy and psychological study of inhalation and exhalation
- Anatomy of nerves system and respiratory systems
- Anatomy of spinal cord and digestive systems
Adjustment and Alignment
- Learn the art of perfecting the pose and avoiding injuries with correct alignment techniques
- Preparatory practice
- Modification of asanas according to body types
- Use of props such as yoga blocks, straps, yoga wheel, yoga wedge, and sand bag
- Timing and duration of each asana as per body limitations and types
- Therapeutic benefits
- Basic asanas foundation
- Breathing techniques
- Principles of observation
- Assisting and correcting other peoples body
- Proper alignment, benefits, and potential risks of various yoga postures and kriyas
- Study of the different principles apply to different asanas
- Lifestyle and ethics of a yoga teacher
- Importance of Mudras
- Various techniques in Mudras
- Study of the fifteen types of Yoga Mudras namely Hasta Mudra, Jnana Mudra, Akash Mudra, Varuna Mudra, Prithvi Mudra, Vyana Mudra, Apana Mudra, Prana Mudra, Yoni Mudra, Vayu Mudra, Sunya Mudra, Linga Mudra, Shanka Mudra, Surabhi or Kaamdhenu Mudra and Hridaya Mudra.
- Yoga Nidra or the Yogic Sleep is a unique meditation technique practiced for intense relaxation and exploration of the mind, body, and soul. During the session of Yoga Nidra, the yogi journeys through various stages of reaching the subconscious while establishing a strong connection with the spiritual realm around them. The method puts them in a deep meditative sleep while remaining awake in the moment.
- Kapalabhati (stimulating the brain cells)
- Trataka (Eye Exercises)
- Neti (Upper Nasal Track)
- Dhouti (Cleansing the intestine)
- Nauli (Abdominal muscle and Viscera)
- Vasti (Cleaning of the Rectum)
- Chair Yoga series and its importance
- How to plan a sequence and share?
Ayurveda Facility in Kerala
We have exclusive Ayurveda Facility at our center, completely dedicated to imparting the teachings and practice of the healing magic of Ayurveda. We have a team of associates along with a certified lady doctor, specializing in Ayurveda who take you through a completely rejuvenating journey of the science.:
- History and Basic Principles of Ayurveda
- Three types of body constitution and their diagnosis
- Classification of Yogic practices according to body constitutions.
- SaptaDhatu (7 body tissues) and how to nurture them by herbs and yoga practices.
- Basic concept of Panchakarma and Massage therapy.
- 6 types of tastes and their relation to body constitutions.
- Preparing Ayurvedic food according to body constitutions.
- Uses of general herbs and remedies.
DAILY SCHEDULE KERALA
- 05.00 AM - 05:30 AM
- Morning Tea
- 05:30 AM - 07:00 AM
- Hatha Yoga
- 07.00 AM - 07:30 AM
- Tea Break
- 07:30 AM - 08:30 AM
- 08:30 AM - 09:30 AM
- Break fast
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Yoga Philosophy
- 11:00 AM - 11:15 AM
- Tea Break
- 11.15 AM - 12.15 PM
- Mantra Yoga/ Ayurveda Practicum / Chair Yoga
- 12.15 PM - 13.30 PM
- Rest / Beach
- 13:30 PM - 14:15 PM
- 15.30 PM - 16.30 PM
- safety, Injuries, Anatomy, Alignment/Ayurveda Logical Theory
- 16:30 PM - 16:45 PM
- Tea Break
- 16:45 PM - 18.15 PM
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- 18:30 PM - 19:15 PM
- Meditation/ Yoga Nidra
- 19.30 PM - 20.00 PM
- 20.00 PM - 22.00 PM
- Self Journaling
- 22.00 PM
- light off and sleep
- 6:00 AM
- Shat kriya – Cleansing practice
- 7:30 AM
- Self practice
- 8:30 AM
- 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Ayurveda Practicum
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Ayurveda Practicum
- 1:30 PM
- 2:00 PAM
- Free/ Rest/ Beach/ Self Study
Whole day is Rest/Holiday/Field Visits
Includes Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner in Campus
Recognized Certification in Yoga TTC
Get awarded Yoga Alliance recognized certification in Yoga with YTTC in Kerala at Rishikul Yogshala. The certificate shall validate your credentials as a recognized yoga instructor and grants you the liberty to practice and preach the science of yoga in every corner of the globe. With this program, you can fulfill the aspiration of being a teacher and preacher of yoga and further intensify the yogic knowledge and practices.
Accommodation At Center
Building A: Varkala Beach Resort
Imagine living in a countryside setting, but with all the modern amenities! This is exactly how we accommodate our students and guests at Rishikul Yogshala during their Yoga TTC in Kerala, India. Widely spaced and well-ventilated bamboo huts at our Varkala Beach Resort offer the perfect earthen solace to the practicing yogis. We have around 20 huts in the resort, each of which is led by inlaid pathways, surrounded by exotic plants, widely-scaled gardens and trees. The serene and elegant ambiance of the resort offers tranquility to each soul that is above materialistic pleasures. Each hut is facilitated with all contemporary amenities, such as mosquito nets, water geysers, fans, etc., for the modern day yogi to feel at peace and comfort while undergoing their YTTC program. The resort is abundant with lush green garden spaces, yoga and meditation halls, fun-sized hammocks in the garden for leisure, private seating area made of wood for deep-introspection and reflection. The entire ambiance is a green heaven created on earth for the yogis of today. The rooms can be availed on both single and sharing basis. Additional charges applicable on air-conditioned rooms.
Building B: Prasanthi Cliff Beach Resort
Located a few steps away from the Varkala Beach Resort, perched on a cliff top is our second abode, the Prasanthi Cliff Beach Resort. The resort is yet another beautiful home we offer to our participating students during their YTTC in Kerala. The resort offers an ideal beach house experience to its guests and yogis. Each room at the resort is hygienic and well maintained with all the modern amenities, like washrooms, geysers, twin beds, mosquito nets, lights and fans to keep you relaxed and comfortable at all times. Each room comes with a private balcony, set with earthen furniture, overlooking the glorious beauty of the sea such that its breezy sensation can be felt by the body and soul both. The resort has wide garden spaces with hammocks for fun and relaxation during leisure hours. The accommodation can be availed on both sharing and private basis. Additional charges applicable to air-conditioned rooms.
The country of Kerala is not just eminent for its Yogic and Ayurvedic treasures, the place is also known for its bountiful natural resources, striking flora, and fauna, herb gardens and taste tingling spices. From gut replenishing meal choices to soul satiating dishes, Kerala offers your palate and body the contentment and the nourishment it deserves. The town has acres of pastures and organic reserves to satiate each and every soul who sets foot on its divine land. We, at Rishikul Yogshala, take immense gratification and care in bringing the best of traditional cuisine on the platter of our students – a meal that is wholesome, yogic and equally divine.
Owing to the rigorous demands of a yoga teacher training program, special attention needs to be paid for the benefit of the mind and body of each practicing individual. And, we completely level with this fact. Keeping the same in our heart and mind, we serve wholesome yogic food that prepared by our professional chefs, specializing in Ayurvedic cuisine. Additionally, we serve replenishing organic drinks as accompaniments.
FACILITIES AT THE CENTER
- Hot and cold water with shower
- Ayurveda center in the hotel for rejuvenation
- Pick and drop facilities from nearby airport and railway station
- Travel and touring facilities available
- Free Wi-Fi Services
- Near to the beach for an early morning or late evening stroll
HOW TO REACH OUR CENTER IN VARKALA, KERALA
By Airway : The nearest airport is Trivandrum International Airport, which is at a distance of 50 kms from Varkala. A student can get down at the airport and take a cab to the location of the school or ask school to arrange for a pickup while booking the course.
By Bus : Varkala is well connected by national state highways from major cities and many governments as well as private buses that run to and fro from the city.
By Railway : Varkala is connected by train through many cities and town or one can take a train to Trivandrum (the capital city of Kerala) and take another train to Varkala, from where the resort can be reached on a rickshaw starting from the station.
Taxi Pick Up : School provides taxi pick up at extra cost.
Training Outcomes of Yoga TTC in Kerala
On successful completion of a Yoga TTC in Kerala, you are bestowed upon some of the most enticing gifts like:
- Accredited status of being a globally recognized yoga instructor and practitioner.
- Liberty to preach yoga anywhere around the globe.
- Immerse in the most authentic teachings and practices of the yogic science
- Experience the true yogic lifestyle and acquire the discipline and the habit to continue living it.
- Get introduced to the treasures of the natural healing science of Ayurveda
- Interact and learn from Ayurveda and Yoga Acharyas of the finest standards.
- Indulge in mindful experiences and discussions with free-spirited people of similar taste. Establish bonds of a lifetime.
- Go back home with invaluable knowledge and priceless experiences that lead you to the path of contentment and complete wellness.
I have just completed the 200hours yoga teacher training with these guys and absolutely loved every minute of it. The course was thought by people who were not only excellent teachers but also amazing human beings who share they knowledge and space with joy.
Gwynneth Oceana Dreaming
A fantastic course with wonderful teachers and a mix of students from all over the globe (in the 200hr YTT course I did). In this course you receive teachings in many areas of Yoga - Asanas, Pranayama, Philosophy, Meditation, adjustment and alignment of postures, teacher methodology, Mudras, a little Mantra and even chair Yoga! (for people less mobile).