200 hour YOGA TEACHER Training in Kerala
- Awarded as one of the most scenic destinations in the world, with another wing in Varkala region of Kerala, Rishikul Yogshala offers the perfect opportunity to unfold the layers of Yogic science in amalgamation with discovering the secrets of Ayurveda along the due course of Yoga Teacher Training program in Kerala.
Why Go for Yoga Teacher Training in Kerala?
Kerala, known as the ‘God’s own Country’ is a rich landscape of coconut trees, calm backwaters and picture perfect beaches. The homeland of Ayurveda and a place flourished with resplendent gifts of nature offers the perfect ambiance and sources for undergoing a Yoga Teacher Training program in India.
Tucked away on the cliffs of Varkala, Rishikul Yogshala’s school is set in quiet location full of peace and solitude that is only a minute away from the vibrant cliff top mountain, a place abundant with restaurants, shops and has a perfect sea view for leisure.
The sound of the shore and gulls in the morning is refreshing and relaxing. Varkala, the home of Ayurveda treatment will ensure you get fully immersed in this ancient healing practice to complement your yoga knowledge.
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN KERALA- WITH AYURVERDA
Teachings of the most traditional and purest forms of yoga primarily Ashtanga Vinayasa and Hatha Yoga. These two styles of yoga mark the origin of yogic practices. Ever since, several styles have emerged from these very forms. Study of these two ancient styles puts you on the pedestal of achieving the science with traditional authenticity and originality.
Study of Human Anatomy and its effects on yoga practice. The body science requires intense understanding of each and every limb and element that make up a human body. In order to imbibe and further teach the art with perfection, it is imperative to study various elements of Human Anatomy for the ideal observation of yogic theory into a rightful practice.
Perfecting the asanas and deepening the pose through study of various Adjustment and Alignment techniques. Learn how to avoid injuries during yoga practice through the study of proper alignment techniques. Getting into a yoga asana is equally rigorous and deep as it is visually appealing. There are various levels and layers of performing a yoga asana. In order to reach into deeper layers of the pose, study and in-depth practice of various Adjustment and Alignment techniques are conducted.
Study of Yoga Philosophy (the yogic way of life) in context of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Get introduced to the theoretical aspects of yoga science with extensive insights into yogic literature that form the very niche` of yoga and spirituality. Imbibe the true yogic lifestyle with the study and practice of the five yoga yamas and niyamas. Observe the true implications of practicum by understanding the manifestations of the yogic lifestyle.
Reaching mental oneness & peace with intense meditation practices like Yoga Nidra. Meditation is a primary element of a quality yoga program as it opens internal communication linkages through which the mind, body and soul unite. The practice also aids in mental upheaval and physical rejuvenation so the practitioner can reap more intense benefits from the program.
Study and use of various props in perfecting the pose and for practicing various yoga asanas for restorative and healing purposes.
Breath based training.
Healing by way of yoga. Learn the art of physical and mental healing practices through various yoga techniques, breath work, meditation practices and more.
Solving everyday mental & physical disorders.
Learning modules on how to conduct classes. Becoming a yoga teacher requires practice and demonstrations, guidance from senior teachers just as much as receiving education about the practices of the majestic art form. During this segment, you get the opportunity to conduct and undergo practical demonstrations on conducting yoga classes in the most efficient manner.
Self Practice of all the lessons learnt during the sessions. Wednesdays and Sundays are reserved for self practice. Self-practice is more than crucial for deeper understanding of the art. Conducted under the guidance of certified yoga teachers and traditional yogis from Rishikesh and Kerala, self-practice forms a major core of the curriculum as it aids in analysis and further improvisation.
Study of Ayurveda science and food and understanding its role in human life. Ayurveda, the most ancient medical science that utilizes blend of natural ingredients and organic therapy for healing the most rigorous ailments is something every yogi is advised to understand and imbibe in order to become a well-developed yoga practitioner and teacher.
Learn to prepare the body for intense yoga practice and meditation through specific yogic cleansing techniques known as the Shatkarmas or the six yogic works.
Learn how to stay fit at work or when rendered immobile due to excessive work or a medical issue. Study the science of practicing yoga in a chair through our chair yoga sessions.
Learn the art of cooking nutritious yogic meals with our Ayurveda cooking classes. As an essential part of our program, the classes are designed to promote healthier diet and lifestyle where the yogis learn about preparing wholesome meal choices in their everyday life.Understanding the art of self-healing through Laughter Yoga Therapy. A contemporary technique based on scientifically proven theory that psychological effects of induced laughter are akin to a spontaneous one, Laughter Yoga has gain tremendous recognition across the globe. Easy to imbibe, this art can be performed by everyone irrespective of age or body types and, so it is recognized as one of the best methods for delivering a soul into a more blissful state. Indulge in spiritual proliferation and discussion in the presence of a spiritual guide by participating in soulful Satsang sessions.
Hatha Yoga – Beginner series
- Add your content...What is Hatha yoga?
- Surya Namaskar with mantra awareness
- Sukshma Vyama ( joints and glands exercise)
- Standing series of asana
- Kneeling series of asana
- Sitting series of asana
- Lying on stomach series of Asana
- Supine series of asana
- Inversion series of asana
- Importance of sequence of asana
- Asana benefits and its contra-indications
Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Primary Series
- Primary Series
- What is Vinyasa?
- 9 Drishti in Ashtanga series
- Importance of Ujjai and Bandha in series
- Primary Series
- What is Vinyasa?
- 9 Drishti in Ashtanga series
- Importance of Ujjai and Bandha in series
Yoga Philosophy -1
- What is Darshanam?
- What is Yoga?
- History of Yoga
- The four Yuga in Yogic Tradition
- The five kosha (bodies)
- What is Self-Realization & Liberation? Why?
- What is consciousness?
- The four faculties of mind –field
- Five Stages of Mind -Field
- The four foundational Pillars of life
- Intro to Ayurvedic life style
- Intro to Yogic sleeping life style
- Intro to Kama Sutra
- Eight limbs of Yoga of Patanjali
- What is waking state in Yogic Science?
- What is dreaming state in Yogic Science?
- What is Deep sleep state in Yogic Science?
- What is Meditation and Yoga Nidra?
- What is Yogic Anatomy and physiology?
- Introduction of the respiratory system and yogic breathing
- How shat kriya practices give benefits on a body?
- How Pranayama practices give connection to a digestive and immune system?
- How asana practices give various effects on joints, spine and muscular system?
- The structure of the spine and its movement in yoga
- Types of contraction in the muscular system
- Know the basic studies and types of joints to avoid injury during Asana classes
- Studies and discussion about spine according to a yogic point of view
- What is Meditation?
- What is the difference between Dharna and Dhyana?
- What are types of Meditation?
- Breath Awareness Meditation
- Contemplative Walking Meditation
- Mantra Awareness Meditation
- Inner Light Meditation
- Full Moon Meditation
- What is sleep?
- Three states of consciousness
- Benefits of deep sleep
- What is Yoga Nidra?
- Yoga Nidra practices from Satyananda tradition
- How Yoga Nidra practices cure insomnia problem?
Adjustment & Alignment Class-level1
- Six steps of doing Asana correctly
- Workshop on side bending and front & back bending
- How to make mind flexible by making body flexible?
- How to use of props for protection?
- Alternative style of Asana for various benefits
- Various limitations and contra-indications of specific yoga practices
Shat Kriya –level 1
- Introduction of Shat Kriyas according to classical Hatha Yoga
- Practicum of Jal Neti and Sutra Neti (Cleansing Mucus or blockages from nasal passages and sinus)
- Practicum of Kunjal (Cleansing the excessive mucus from the digestive tract)
- Introduction of Mantra yoga
- Importance of (OM)-AUM
- Mantra for Meal Purification
- Mantra for Obstacles
- Mantra for universal masters to bless
- Mantra for Realization
- Mantra for well being
- Importance of Mudra according to Hatha Yoga
- Types of Mudra
- Practicum of Gyana & Chin Mudra
- Practicum of Ashwini Mudra
- Physical, Mental and Spiritual Benefits of Mudra
- Disciplines of yoga teachers and students
- The scope of listening, presence, directive and non-directive dialogue
- How important is demonstration?
- What are the preparations for classroom?
- How to describe the practice, techniques, and delivery in teaching a class?
- What are the seven steps to become a great Yoga teacher?
- Nine Main Doors in Human Body
- What & Why are Yogic locks?
- What are its preparation & its benefits?
- Three Main Bandha
- Moola Bandha-Root Lock
Intro to Ayurveda
- What is Ayurveda?
- How Ayurvedic science helps in Yogic life?
- How six tastes can balance the mind and body?
- What are three main mind-body constitutions?
- What is health mean in Ayurveda?
- Yogic healthy Kichadi
- Yogic herbal Tea
- Group Discussion
- Root cause of all pain and suffering is ignorance, how?
- How to sit for Meditation?
- How to breathe for Yogic practices?
- How to do digestive breathing?
Ayurveda Facility in Kerala
Certified lady doctor, specializing in Ayurvedic Medicine along with a team of associates shall take you through seventeen sessions of intense study and practice of the ancient healing science of Ayurveda. Below mentioned are some of the invigorating highlights that shall be taught during the Ayurveda classes:
- History and Basic Principles of Ayurveda
- Three types of body constitution and their diagnosis
- Classification of Yogic practices according to body constitutions.
- SaptaDhatu (7 body tissues) and how to nurture them by herbs and yoga practices.
- Basic concept of Panchakarma and Massage therapy.
- 6 types of tastes and their relation to body constitutions.
- Preparing Ayurvedic food according to body constitutions.
- Uses of general herbs and remedies.
DAILY SCHEDULE KERALA
- 05.00 AM - 05:30 AM
- Morning Tea
- 05:30 AM - 07:00 AM
- Hatha Yoga
- 07.00 AM - 07:30 AM
- Tea Break
- 07:30 AM - 08:30 AM
- 08:30 AM - 09:30 AM
- Break fast
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Yoga Philosophy
- 11:00 AM - 11:15 AM
- Tea Break
- 11.15 AM - 12.15 PM
- Mantra Yoga/ Ayurveda Practicum / Chair Yoga
- 12.15 PM - 13.30 PM
- Rest / Beach
- 13:30 PM - 14:15 PM
- 15.30 PM - 16.30 PM
- safety, Injuries, Anatomy, Alignment/Ayurveda Logical Theory
- 16:30 PM - 16:45 PM
- Tea Break
- 16:45 PM - 18.15 PM
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- 18:30 PM - 19:15 PM
- Meditation/ Yoga Nidra
- 19.30 PM - 20.00 PM
- 20.00 PM - 22.00 PM
- Self Journaling
- 22.00 PM
- light off and sleep
- 6:00 AM
- Shat kriya – Cleansing practice
- 7:30 AM
- Self practice
- 8:30 AM
- 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Ayurveda Practicum
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Ayurveda Practicum
- 1:30 PM
- 2:00 PAM
- Free/ Rest/ Beach/ Self Study
Whole day is Rest/Holiday/Field Visits
Includes Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner in Campus
Recognized Certification In 200 Hour Yoga Program In India
Upon successful completion of 200 Hour Yoga Program at Rishikul Yogshala, you get rewarded with 200 RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) certificate that is recognized by the ministry of Yoga Alliance. With this certificate, you earn global validation status of being a basic-intermediate level yoga teacher and practitioner. After graduating from this program, you can pave way to being a recognized yoga instructor on a global scale.
Accommodation At Center
Food At Center
Renowned for being the land of spices and organic herbs, the town of Kerala offers an assortment of delicious food choices that are equally healthy for the body’s constitution.
The food served is prepared by Indian Chefs who specialize in Ayurvedic cuisine and, is prepared from fresh sources to ensure the well-being of our students.
We, at Rishikul Yogshala, acknowledge that diet is a crucial factor in order to meet the rigorous demands of the yoga program.
Hence, we take utmost care in serving a wholesome meal that not only satiates the taste buds of our students, but also provides ample nutrition to their mind, body and soul.
FACILITIES AT THE CENTER
- Hot and cold water with shower
- Ayurveda center in the hotel for rejuvenation
- Pick and drop facilities from nearby airport and railway station
- Travel and touring facilities available
- Free Wi-Fi Services
- Near to the beach for an early morning or late evening stroll
HOW TO REACH OUR CENTER IN VARKALA, KERALA
By Airway : The nearest airport is Trivandrum International Airport, which is at a distance of 50 kms from Varkala. A student can get down at the airport and take a cab to the location of the school or ask school to arrange for a pickup while booking the course.
By Bus : Varkala is well connected by national state highways from major cities and many governments as well as private buses that run to and fro from the city.
By Railway : Varkala is connected by train through many cities and town or one can take a train to Trivandrum (the capital city of Kerala) and take another train to Varkala, from where the resort can be reached on a rickshaw starting from the station.
Taxi Pick Up : School provides taxi pick up at extra cost.
On successful completion of a Yoga TTC in Kerala, you are bestowed upon some of the most enticing gifts like:
- Valid status of being a world-class yoga teacher and practitioner.
- Certified freedom to teach yoga anywhere in the globe.
- Attainment of the most accurate and authentic forms of yoga asanas.
- Acquired habit of living the yogic lifestyle and discipline.
- Exposure to some of the underlying secrets of the most ancient medicinal science, i.e., Ayurveda and the science of body-mind-soul, Yoga.
- Practice and acquired ability to teach proper adjustment and alignment techniques in order to avoid injuries.
- Opportunity to interact with Ayurveda and Yoga gurus, like-minded souls and the most acclaimed yoga instructors. Form bonds of eternity!
- Take back exceptional knowledge and expertise that ensures a healthy life style through the entire lifetime.
our other Attraction
I have just completed the 200hours yoga teacher training with these guys and absolutely loved every minute of it. The course was thought by people who were not only excellent teachers but also amazing human beings who share they knowledge and space with joy.
Gwynneth Oceana Dreaming
A fantastic course with wonderful teachers and a mix of students from all over the globe (in the 200hr YTT course I did). In this course you receive teachings in many areas of Yoga - Asanas, Pranayama, Philosophy, Meditation, adjustment and alignment of postures, teacher methodology, Mudras, a little Mantra and even chair Yoga! (for people less mobile).