YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN RISHIKESH, INDIA
- The land of Gods and the abode of yoga beckon the aspiring yogis to immerse in the authentic teachings and wisdom of yoga. Experience a complete revival of the self as you transition from an ordinary being into an erudite and a yogi in the holy heart of Rishikesh, India with Rishikul Yogshala’s Yoga Teacher Training Certification programs. Let the esteemed guidance of the town of sages and gurus directed your path towards peace and enlightenment.
WHY GO FOR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN RISHIKESH?
Globally eminent as the yoga capital, the town of Rishikesh in India needs no introduction. A town nestled in the lap of towering Himalayan bliss, streamlined with the Holy River Ganges, decked with the soothing rhythm of mantra chanting, Rishikesh, India is indeed the perfect destination for a highly intensive yoga teacher training program. The land is home to several yoga luminaries and enlightened ones who stepped foot on its holy land and could never find the urge to go back. This is the town of internal healing, a place of worship for the devotees, and a town of spirituality for the theologists. This land of gods particularly made its impression in the western world when the much-notorious Rock Band ‘Beatles’ came to the town to dwell under the guidance of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's Ashram and became the source of inspiration for several of their records including “The Happy Rishikesh Song” by John Lenon. Ever since time can recall, several celebrities, royals, hermits have landed in this town for solace and wisdom.
Wake up to the sound of conch horn and begin your day with the spiritual aura of this magnificent place while undergoing a highly authentic and inspiring yoga teacher training program.
Rishikul Yogshala is headquartered in Rishikesh-a focal point for yogic practices. We have chosen this spiritual city because it has been the center for yogic actions since millennia. Attracting sages, saints, yogis, and pilgrims in its lap, the town has become a place to experience Indian culture closely.
Surrounded by nature of the Himalaya’s and purity emanating from River Ganges, this place tranquilizes the soul and the body, becoming a perfect location for yogic work and wisdom.
In addition to 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, we also offer 300 & 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING CERTIFICATION - IN RISHIKESH
Our Yoga Teacher Training programs in Rishikesh, India are a divine composition of the sacred teachings and practices of the yogic science with the added advantages of undergoing the program in the land of its origin.
The town is laden with breathtaking scenery and is a gateway to the most eminent pilgrim sites of the country, apart from the spiritual pilgrim dome that the town already is. Luring a number of tourists, yoga aspirants, spiritualists every year into, the town offers them the blessed opportunity to indulge in yoga and meditation amidst the Himalayan Shivalik ranges, touched by the purity of holy Ganges.
Our programs are designed in accordance with the qualifying standards of Yoga Alliance USA and Yoga Alliance international and are an intricate composition of various traditional subjects including Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Pranayama, Meditation, Mantra Yoga, Adjustment and Alignment, Yoga Philosophy, and many more.
The programs are conducted under the esteemed guidance and tutelage of the honored teachers of Rishikul Yogshala. Owing to the rigorous demands of the programs, we also plan various excursions and visits for holistic engagement of our students. Being the hub of adventure sports in India, the town is a famous global tourist destination for the adventure seekers too.
Fulfill the divine sojourn to complete inner transformation and complete enlightenment of the mind, body, and soul in the land of the divine and the sacred during a Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
Take the first step towards complete transition into a refined yoga teacher and practitioner with our 200 Hour Yoga TTC in Rishikesh, India. The month-long program curriculum is designed to lay a core on which you can develop as a well-practiced yogi and erudite. In addition to the recognition of a 200 Hour RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) you also become eligible to seek admission to the higher level of certification – 300 Hour Yoga TTC.
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
Enhance the acquired skills and wisdom of yoga by taking the advanced leap with 300 Hour Yoga TTC in Rishikesh, India. The 300 Hour YTTC at Rishikul Yogshala shall lead you to explore the deeper dimension of the traditional yogic system and its discipline while preparing you for the complete transition into the finest yoga teacher and an advanced level practitioner. Upon successful completion of this 4-Week intensive yoga training, you can progress as a 300 RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) or go for advanced specialization in various domains of the science.
500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
Just step-in for 8-Weeks of dedicated, unrelenting yoga teachings and evolve into a full-fledged yoga teacher and advanced practitioner with our 500 Yoga TTC in Rishikesh, India. The entire program is span over the duration of 2 months and is a poised amalgamation of the 200 Hour Yoga Program and 300 Hour Yoga Program. With a successful completion of the program, you are eligible for the prestigious honor of being a 500 Hour RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) by virtue of Yoga Alliance.
TEACHING SPACES & YOGA HALL
We are blessed by two spacious yoga halls both with spectacular views of the mountains and surroundings. Our halls are fully equipped with yoga mats and props to ensure that all of our classes are as well supported as possible.
We also have a secluded garden so when the weather is right asana and meditation practice can be taken in the fresh air.
The Yogshala is located a short stroll from the ‘Ganga Beach’ located on the banks of the Ganges where we often conduct yoga asana classes to be within the reach of mother Ganges.
CURRICULUM HIGHLIGHTS: YTTC In Rishikesh at Rishikul Yogshala
- Sun salutation with 12 Surya mantras and its benefits
- Traditional and classical Hatha yoga
- Correct alignment and adjustments
- The benefits of each asana
- Terminologies and Sanskrit names and the meaning of asana
- Modification of asana for various ability levels
- How to use props correctly
- Breath-based training
- Mudras or gestures
- Study of eight limbs of Yoga
- In-depth study of Ashtanga Vinyasa
- Primary series and secondary series
- Details of all the involved asanas
- Learn to concentrate on energy locks (bandhas)
- Yama (Principles or moral code)
- Niyama(Personal Disciplines)
- Asana (Yoga Positions or Yogic Postures)
- Pranayama (Yogic Breathing)
- Pratyahara (Withdrawal of Senses)
- Dharana (Concentration on Object)
- Dhyan (Meditation)
- Samadhi (Salvation)
- State of Super bliss, joy and merging individual consciousness into universal consciousness. The union between Jivatman and Paramatman. Realizing the Bramhan (pure consciousness) or Realization of universe is the ultimate achievement of Human Birth
Yoga Philosophy/ Yoga Lifestyle
- The base of the philosophy and history of yoga
- Introduction to Yoga Sutras, Shiva sutras, Kama Sutras, and Bhakti Sutra
- Detailed study of the five Yamas and Niyamas that form the core of Yogic Lifestyle
- Introduction to yoga sutras, Shiva sutras, kama sutras, and bhakti sutra
- Study of all yoga hypothesis on the basis of ancient scriptures
- Guided and self-meditation
- Learn how to guide others in meditation
- The science of meditation and proper breathing
- Yoga Nidra basic series up to four levels
- Meditations and its practices
- Knowledge of the breathing techniques beneficial to both the body and mind
- Nadi Shodhanam, Bhastrika, Ujjai, Shetali and Shetkari, Nadi and Kapalbhati
- The importance of diaphragmatic breathing
- Stress and anxiety related breathing techniques
- External Pranayama series up to two variations
- Kumbhaka (retention) and pause less or continuous breathings
- Levels of concentrations and its refinements
- Theoretical knowledge necessary for teaching in the future
- Ability to apply appropriate practices to improve and maintain health
- Knowledge of the benefits and side effects of particular yoga practices
- Techniques of observations and correcting the bodily systems and organs
- Energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, and others)
- Anatomy and psychological study of inhalation and exhalation
- Anatomy of nerves system and respiratory systems
- Anatomy of spinal cord and digestive systems
Adjustment and Alignment
- Learn the art of perfecting the pose and avoiding injuries with correct alignment techniques
- Preparatory practice
- Modification of asanas according to body types
- Use of props such as yoga blocks, straps, yoga wheel, yoga wedge, and sand bag
- Timing and duration of each asana as per body limitations and types
- Therapeutic benefits
- Basic asanas foundation
- Breathing techniques
- Principles of observation
- Assisting and correcting other peoples body
- Proper alignment, benefits, and potential risks of various yoga postures and kriyas
- Study of the different principles apply to different asanas
- Lifestyle and ethics of a yoga teacher
- Importance of Mudras
- Various techniques in Mudras
- Study of the fifteen types of Yoga Mudras namely Hasta Mudra, Jnana Mudra, Akash Mudra, Varuna Mudra, Prithvi Mudra, Vyana Mudra, Apana Mudra, Prana Mudra, Yoni Mudra, Vayu Mudra, Sunya Mudra, Linga Mudra, Shanka Mudra, Surabhi or Kaamdhenu Mudra and Hridaya Mudra.
- Yoga Nidra or the Yogic Sleep is a unique meditation technique practiced for intense relaxation and exploration of the mind, body, and soul. During the session of Yoga Nidra, the yogi journeys through various stages of reaching the subconscious while establishing a strong connection with the spiritual realm around them. The method puts them in a deep meditative sleep while remaining awake in the moment.
- Kapalabhati (stimulating the brain cells)
- Trataka (Eye Exercises)
- Neti (Upper Nasal Track)
- Dhouti (Cleansing the intestine)
- Nauli (Abdominal muscle and Viscera)
- Vasti (Cleaning of the Rectum)
- Chair Yoga series and its importance
- How to plan a sequence and share?
- 05.00 AM - 05:30 AM
- Morning Tea
- 05:30 AM - 07:00 AM
- Hatha Yoga
- 07.00 AM - 07:30 AM
- Tea Break
- 07:30 AM - 08:30 AM
- 08:30 AM - 09:30 AM
- Break fast
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Yoga Philosophy
- 11:00 AM - 11:15 AM
- Tea Break
- 11.15 AM - 12.15 PM
- Mantra Yoga/ Ayurveda Practicum / Chair Yoga
- 12.15 PM - 13.30 PM
- Rest / Beach
- 13:30 PM - 14:15 PM
- 15.30 PM - 16.30 PM
- safety, Injuries, Anatomy, Alignment/Ayurveda Logical Theory
- 16:30 PM - 16:45 PM
- Tea Break
- 16:45 PM - 18.15 PM
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- 18:30 PM - 19:15 PM
- Meditation/ Yoga Nidra
- 19.30 PM - 20.00 PM
- 20.00 PM - 22.00 PM
- Self Journaling
- 22.00 PM
- light off and sleep
- 6:00 AM
- Shat kriya – Cleansing practice
- 7:30 AM
- Self practice
- 8:30 AM
- 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Ayurveda Practicum
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Ayurveda Practicum
- 1:30 PM
- 2:00 PAM
- Free/ Rest/ Beach/ Self Study
Whole day is Rest/Holiday/Field Visits
Includes Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner in Campus
In addition, we also have a team of Assistant Yoga Teachers assigned during the course of the yoga program who aid through a safe and enlightening journey of yoga and spirituality.
RECOGNIZED CERTIFICATION IN YOGA INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
Being a leading yoga school accredited by Yoga Alliance, we provide our graduates with learning and skills that are globally recognized. When a Rishikul Yogshala student successfully graduates in a 200 Hour, 300 Hour, or 500 Hour Yoga program, they are awarded the prestigious validation status to register under Yoga Alliance as a globally certified yoga instructor. With this certification, you are accepted as a teacher and a yogi of the most polished stature and yogic intelligence.
A comfortable abode for seeking souls, our home offers a clean, cozy and a refreshing stay in Rishikesh, India. The magnificent Himalayan setting in the backdrop with the fresh breeze flowing through the airy and spacious rooms adds perfectly to the ashram-like experience we provide our students. All the rooms are equipped with all the modern facilities and act as a refreshing escape from the demands of city life. All rooms include a seating area, balcony, attached bathroom with hot and cold water and Wi-Fi facility for you to stay in touch with our family and friends during leisure hours. The accommodation is offered on both sharing and single basis. The facility of air-conditioned rooms can also be availed on request.
Relish a wholesome spread of yogic meal choices thrice a day at our food facility. The healthy and nutritious food is prepared by Ayurvedic experts with oriental spices and herbs for enhancing the health of the students along with rendering healing advantages to their body. Each and every dish is prepared with a mindset to support the high demands of the extensive program. The food is prepared from fresh produce and is prepared under extremely hygienic conditions for health and safety purposes.
The composition of the food is completely vegetarian and sattvic. If you have any particular food allergies or medical issues, then please let us know of the same in advance. We would love to serve assorted vegan choices for you in accordance with the body’s requirements. The entire food menu is designed and developed under the vigilance of our yoga teachers with the aim of imparting complete and balanced nutrition to our students. .
FACILITIES AT THE CENTER
- Spacious rooms with attached bathroom
- Balconies overlooking the mountains
- Peaceful garden surrounded by nature
- A big mess with a lawn adjacent for relishing the food in open air
- Free Wi-Fi Services
- An Ayurvedic Massage center for spa services
STUDENT LIFE AT YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN RISHIKESH
Rishikul Yogshala aims to satiate not just the yogi but the traveler in our students as well. This has led us to add local sightseeing in the town of Rishikesh. Unlike any other school, we offer excursions on the two days off- Wednesday and Sunday. The school allows our yogi students to experience the fun side of Rishikesh as well, along with imparting mythological information related to each place they visit.
- Kunjapuri - Highest point in the Himalayas near Rishikesh for sunrise yoga
- Rafting excursion with a guide and conveyance
- The Famous Ganga Aarti with the group
- Visit to Muni Baba Cave with a guide
- Small group excursion to Neer Waterfall
- Yoga on the beach (on the bank)
HOW TO REACH US IN RISHIKESH?
By Airway: The nearest International Airport is New Delhi Airport (250 Kms from Rishikesh) and the nearest domestic airport is Jolly Grant airport situated at a distance of 20 Kms. One can land at the airport and get a taxi with ease or ask the ashram for a pickup.
By Bus : The town is well connected to bus services every day from major cities. De-board the bus at Rishikesh bus stand and take an auto-rickshaw, get down in the market area to take the ferry and walk to Swarg Ashram or take the Ram Jhula Bridge to reach Swarg Ashram.
By Railway : Rishikesh is connected to trains in abundance with three slow trains daily and other fast one connecting through Haridwar. One can easily take the train, get down at the station to take a taxi or a shared auto rickshaw and reach the market area.
Taxi Pick Up : School offers taxi pick up from all the airports, railway stations and bus stations at additional cost.
TRAINING OUTCOMES OF YOGA PROGRAM IN RISHIKESH AT RISHIKUL YOGSHALA
- Gain the finest level of yoga certification with the validation to register under Yoga Alliance.
- Acquire the freedom to practice and teacher the science of yoga on a global scale.
- Get trained under the tutelage of yoga erudite and revered gurus of Rishikul Yogshala.
- Learn the science of yoga from its origin in the purest form with us.
- Live like a yogi with us and experience the real essence of yoga, its system, and discipline.
- Insight into the healing science of Ayurveda and its composition.
- Acquire the ability to adapt to various yoga asanas, their meaning with perfection and composure.
- Learn to modify the practices to gain specific advantages along with ensuring a safe practice.
- Engage in healthy discussions with fellow yogis and people of similar reflection and taste from across the globe .
- Get trained not just as a student, but also as a yoga teacher.
- Take back as a reformed being with mindful experiences and innate wisdom to share with rest of the globe.
I have just completed the 200hours yoga teacher training with these guys and absolutely loved every minute of it. The course was thought by people who were not only excellent teachers but also amazing human beings who share they knowledge and space with joy.
Gwynneth Oceana Dreaming
A fantastic course with wonderful teachers and a mix of students from all over the globe (in the 200hr YTT course I did). In this course you receive teachings in many areas of Yoga - Asanas, Pranayama, Philosophy, Meditation, adjustment and alignment of postures, teacher methodology, Mudras, a little Mantra and even chair Yoga! (for people less mobile).