ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP YOGA TREK
- Experience the stunning landscape, the mighty Himalayan snowy giants and peek into the uncomplicated lives of the mountain people. This is your opportunity to experience bliss and thrill with the perfect fusion of yoga and trek amidst some of the most breathtakingly beautiful places on earth. Get ready for a journey that will leave you speechless and teach you to embrace the world with open arms.
What is Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
Himalayan lovers feel a magnetic pull for the Annapurna Base Camp Trek. Great visual treats of the Nepal Himalayas especially with the shinning Annapurna massif apart; there are a handful of other attractions on this journey that any Himalayan enthusiast would regret to miss. The trail partly moves through the deep forests of Annapurna Conservation Area and has nightly stopovers at ethnic Nepali villages. The spring flower season engulfs the lower reaches enticingly in red with rhododendron blooming and magnolia and orchid being other exotic flowers found on the way aplenty. The Annapurna Conservation Area is a vast expanse of protected forest land with a wealth of thriving wildlife as well. Red panda sightings are common on the forest walk as are thousands of bird species. All in all, the ABC trek is a window into the Shangri-la of the Nepal Himalayas, the hike having typical exhilarating features of an expedition in the remote corners of Nepal with-- crossing suspension bridges hanging high, the company of sprightly mountain rivers, contact with indigenous life at ethnic Nepalese villages, and winsome views of snow ensconced peaks of the greater Himalayas. The icing on the cake is of course the very close-range view of the stunning eight-thousander peak that is Annapurna I (8,091m)!
What is The Itinerary of the Annapurna Base Camp Trek?
The trek itinerary spans 12 days, starting from Pokhara to Pokhara, including transfer by car between the transit points and buffer days allotted for rest and acclimatization. Here is the itinerary in brief--
- Day 1: From Pokhara we travel to Khade which is a 40 minute drive. From Khade we will start our trek to the Australian Camp.
- Day 2: A 4-hour trek from Australian Camp will take us to Landruk.
- Day 3: From Landruk, we shall trek to Chomrung (7,120 ft).
- Day 4: A longer trek for about 7 hours today will reach us from Chomrung to Bamboo (7,675 ft).
- Day 5: From Bamboo we reach Deurali and will camp down at Deurali tonight.
- Day 6: We will reach the Machapuchare base camp (MBC) (12,135 ft) today, trekking from Deurali and continue to Annapurna Base Camp (13, 550 ft) after a short break at MBC. Night will be spent at a teahouse.
- Day 7:Next day’s trek will take us to Bamboo from ABC (Annapurna Base Camp)
- Day 8: From Bamboo we will descend to Chomrong (7,120 ft).
- Day 9: The journey progresses to Kumrung.
- Day 10: We further descend to Ghandruk and spend the night here.
- Day 11: Tonight will be spent at Shyauli Bazaar.
- Day 12: From Shyauli Bazaar we trek to Nayapul which takes around 2 hours. A few hours drive from Nayapul will bring us back to Pokhara.
What is The Daily Schedule?
Having yoga as an integral part of this journey, the daily schedule of each day on the trek is divided between the major activities of—
- Regular morning asana practice under the guidance of a qualified and experienced yoga instructor and
- Yoga Nidra sessions after the end of the day’s trek
The starting of each day’s trek would ensue likely from 7a.m. All participants are advised to wake up at 5a.m. and attend yoga sessions with the teacher, going over few basic asanas with the essential component of the breathing discipline. Self-time would be allotted on the days when destination is reached before nightfall to practice on one’s own outside. Yoga Nidra meditation would be conducted in the night before slipping inside the tent for good night’s sleep.
Given the moderate-difficult arduous nature of this trek, rest is definitely prioritized in this program. However, naps before night are strongly discouraged as well as staying cooped up inside the tent.
What are the Highlights?
The ABC Yoga Trek has a number of attractions for the adventurous soul in the great outdoors. The daily dose of introspection and spiritual engagement through yoga enriches this soulful journey even more. Here are some of the high points of this amazing journey to especially look forward to--
- Invaluable views of the snowline consisting Machhapuchhare, Annapurna South and Hiunchuli peaks from different angles and vantage points.
- Trekking through the forests of Annapurna Conservation Area and camping in the forest camp of Deurali.
- The beautiful experience of connecting your soul with nature doing the yoga asanas and Yoga Nidra meditation in the blissful soundscape of the enthralling nature.
- Thick forests give way to tall grass and a veldt of mesmerizing beauty opens up in sunshine before the trekkers crossing Deurali.
- Observing Nepalese village lives when living at the Sherpa and Chetri villages on the way.
- Simple and appetizing Nepalese diets made with care by local cooks and supporting a yogic lifestyle of minimalism.
- Many terraces of rice paddies along the beautiful hills to look at.
- The Machhapuchhare peak in moonlight witnessed during the night stay at Machhapuchhare Base Camp with a brilliant night time photography opportunity.
- Rhododendrons and other spring blossoms along the way inside the Annapurna conservation Area during summer along with wildlife photo-ops.
- Coming in contact on this journey with beautiful souls who yoga and travel and embraces the world with love and joy.
- Investing a special kind of meaning in your yoga when practicing under nature’s vastness.
What Equipments and Clothes to Carry?
- Large or medium size backpack, and a duffle side bag for extras
- Sleeping Bag (can also be hired)
- Trekking poles
- Water bottle
- Sun hat
- Warm cap
- Base layers
- Fleece jacket
- Outer jacket
- Rain jacket (essential for the monsoon months)
- Sturdy trekking shoes and a pair of floaters
- Camera along with the charger and extra batteries
- Plastic bags to keep separated stuffs
- Trekking pants
- UV-protection glasses
- Water purifying tablets
- Personal medicines
- Thermal socks
What is Included?
- Transport from Pokhara city to the point from where trekking begins; the transit back to Pokhara on end of the trek from Shayuli Bazaar
- Three main meals on trekking days - breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Accommodation in homestays and teahouses on twin sharing basis
- Yoga Mats
- Mules and porters to carry luggage
- One English speaking Trek Leader and local guides
- Experienced Yoga Teacher with Fluency in English
- First aid kit
- Trekking permits, conservation fees and all types of paperwork
- Local and government taxes
What is Excluded?
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Air-fare or other kind of transport fare of trekkers till Pokhara and return from Pokhara
- Food excluding the meals mentioned as included
- Beverages including filtered water, mineral water bottles and soft or hard drinks
- Personal medicines
- Trekking gears and clothing (down jackets and sleeping bags can be hired)
- Photography gears
- Emergency rescue charges from high-altitude to safer altitudes in case of Altitude Sickness or any other illnesses or situations outside our control like landslides, road blockage, natural disaster, etc.
- Phone calls made from the villages having network connectivity
- Tips to guides, trek leader or yoga teacher
- Accommodation and food outside the given arrangements as a personal choice