Scholarship Program in Rishikesh
The science of love, compassion, kindness and unity, Yoga stems from one of the most devout backgrounds presented to mankind. The real lesson of yoga is to aim for universal consciousness and help others to prosper and fulfill their life’s purpose. At Rishikul Yogshala, we resonate with this philosophy and believe in helping fellow yogis to become enlightened by this holy science of health & wellness.
Our Karma Yoga endeavors have brought greatness to the lives that they have touched and we are honored to offer a scholarship program of yoga teacher training, to enrich the yoga community and make yoga accessible to all.
For the year 2017, Rishikul Yogshala is offering the following scholarship programs for its Rishikesh location:
Why are Scholarships offered?
At Rishikul Yogshala, we believe that Yoga should be available for all regardless of wealth and background, the cost of training should not be a barrier to an eager student fulfilling their desire to become a teacher.
Thus, we have taken this initiative to reflect our commitment towards keeping our fees as low as possible whilst retaining a high level of teaching and service; however, we recognize that for some, these fees may be unattainable. We have designed our scholarship program inspired by all those wishing to make yoga a career and spread the art form by becoming teachers.
Accepted applicants will learn: Ashtanga yoga, Hatha yoga, meditation techniques, transforming breath work and theoretical knowledge related to yoga
Who is Eligible?
Our scholarships are here to be inclusive to all, regardless of background, occupation or yoga experience. The only prerequisite that we have is a devotion and unconditional love for the reformative art form and the desire to share this with others.Additionally, we prefer applicants who:
- Have been practicing yoga for a minimum of two years
- Commit to 90% attendance
- Are able to involve in karma yoga projects
- Send us an application stating their experiences with us in written and pictorial form (if available)
- Are in need of financial assistance and showcase so in their application (we request you to genuine and honest when writing about this).
If you feel that a scholarship program is for you and would like to be considered for a place, please write to us explaining ‘why you consider yourself suitable for a scholarship with Rishikul Yogshala’ and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org Last but not the least, we request you to understand that this is a Partial Scholarship program and that you should be able to contribute to cover your food and accommodation costs along with your travel arrangement while we take care of your course fee. All applications will be thoroughly reviewed by the panel of our highly revered yoga gurus and decision will be communicated within 1 week from the date of application.
What should you pay
We request all our scholarship applicants to pay a nominal fee to cover their food and accommodation costs during their time with us at the TTC programs.
- $800 for 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Scholarship Program
- $1000 for 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training Scholarship Program
The above cost includes clean and comfortable shared accommodation within the school premise as well as breakfast, lunch, and dinner prepared with Ayurvedic herbs and holistic recipes. All provisions are mindful of the yogic requirements of our budding yogis.
Terms & Conditions
- On completion of the course you will receive a Yoga Teacher Training certification from the Yoga Alliance.
- The cost for food, accommodation and excursions remains as mentioned for the entirety of the course. No further discounts can be made.
- All bookings should be made in advance and secured with a deposit of $200 (non-refundable and deductible from the final amount).
- Classes, study material and Yoga Certification are supplied free of charge.
- Accommodation will be a spacious ensuite room shared with one other person (of the same gender). As part of the course, you are required to take this accommodation.
- Participants will be tasked with Karma yoga duties during their stay (helping with the upkeep of the school and local community projects).
- A visa for India is required to enter the country.
- Flights and transportation charges and bookings are the responsibility of the student.