Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Course & Certifications
1Which subjects do you cover in the program?
Rishikul Yogshala aims to cover maximum wit efficiency in 28 days program.
- Yoga– Astanga Vinayasa and Hatha Yoga these are the two forms of yoga that will be taught. Detailed explanation of each form with respect to alignment and modifications will be provided.
- Meditation- Different forms of meditation like Yoga Nidra, silent light meditation, etc. will be taken up on a daily basis.
- Pranayama- The breath work is one of the most significant aspects of yoga teacher training as it is the breath that defines one’s lifestyle. Special emphasis is put on pranayama both in separate pranayama classes and in asana classes.
- Mudra, Bandha, Mantra - These three aspects works deeply on all body parts, veins, muscle and activates the hidden energy centre. Locks, hand moments and Sanskrit words are also taken up vigorously during the course duration.
- Theory- Human Anatomy, Yoga philosophy and Yoga Therapy are taken up in the theory classes for a deeper understanding of the subject.
- Ayurveda- Ancient Indian method for deep cleansing the body, mind and soul with Shatkarma and proper eating for detoxification is also done (location specific).
2Do I need to prepare in advance on yoga or any other subject?
It is good if you have prior information, about both theoretical and/or physical aspects of yoga. If you do hold prior information on any aspect of yoga, meditation and pranayama, it will lead you to a better understanding. But, it is not at all compulsory.
3What is the class size?
We accommodate up to 50 students per batch. However, in order to give special attention to each student, we divide our asana classes into two groups of 20-25 students each. Each group is assigned an exclusive hall for their yoga practice. This is implemented to ensure each student gains the optimum benefits from the classes. For yoga philosophy classes, we assemble an entire batch of around 50 students and conduct these classes in a hall.
4Are there any pre-requisites for the course?
No, absolutely not. You don’t have to be a proficient yogi, yoga practitioner or yoga teacher. All levels of students are welcome to the program.
- 200 hour Yoga teacher training - any level of yogic awareness will do.
- 300 hour yoga teacher training - Either a beginner or 200 hour Yoga teacher training certification holder.
- 500 hour yoga teacher training - It is compulsory to have a 200 or 300 hour yoga teacher training certification.
5Is there an exam or final assessment or project?
Yes and No. We are not looking for big projects, assignments or other ways where you prove yourself. So, no for the projects, but towards the end of the program, we do ask students to conduct one class each as a teacher with their fellow mate, which is judged by a certified teacher from Rishikul Yogshala. After watching over the proceedings and understanding your grasp of the subject, a thorough feedback will be provided by the teacher.
6What certification do I receive once I have completed the course?
We distribute Yoga Alliance, USA certification which denotes that you have successfully completed a yoga teacher training course from Rishikul Yogashala.
7Are the teachers certified and experienced?
Rishikul Yogshala only employs proficient, A-level, certified teachers who have prior experience of teaching in their respective fields.
8Are the teachers similar in all branches?
The major teachers travel to different destinations to conduct the program seamlessly. But some teachers may differ from time to time.
9What is the best time to opt for doing 200 hour yoga teacher training?
Although 200 hour yoga teacher training program is a complete program in itself, there is no specific time of the year to enjoy the sweet fruits of the 200 hour Yoga teacher training program. You can indulge in whenever you can.
Travel and Safety
1Which airport in India should I book my ticket to?
India has several international airports, located in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Banaglore, etc. While the nearest to Rishikesh is Delhi, Indira Gandhi International Airport. If you are coming directly to India, we would advise this airport and from there take a flight to Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun.
2Will I get transport facility to/from Rishikul Yogashala?
Yes. We do offer transport facility to both Delhi and Dehradun airport. You will have to inform the staff before and for any such requirement beforehand. Extra charges for the same will be applied for any further information on the same, kindly contact our management team , they will be happy to help you.
3If I am not landing in Dehradun and coming from some other state, how do I reach Rishikul Yogshala?
Rishikul is connected to all means of transport. You can take the most suited means of transportation and reach us with ease.
- Airways- Nearest Airport is Jolly Grant Airport
- Railways- Nearest Railway station is the Haridwar junction train station. From there you will find many buses, taxis, autos running to Risikesh.
- Roadways- There are multiple buses running to and fro from Rishikesh, pick any that suits you and your location. Also, if there are no direct buses to Rishikesh, you can opt for Dehradun or Hardiwar as your drop off bus station and from there board a bus to Rishikesh.
4Do I need visa to attend your courses?
Visa for India is required, so please acquire a tourist visa and not a student’s visa while coming to India. It is only and only in Nepal that you get Visa on Arrival.
5What time of day is more suitable to land or fly from the airport near Rishikesh?
24 hours of the day, as we provide taxis 24hours of the day.
6Does the management at the school also offer taxi services to nearby places?
Yes, the management does offer taxi services to visit the nearby places.
7Can I rent a bike/scooty to go to nearby places?
Yes, the management does offer scooty or bike renting facility.
8What are the places to visit in the city?
The school is strategically located and many places can be visited easily in the city.
The school is strategically located and many places can be visited easily from the location like:
The school is strategically located and many places can be visited easily from the location like:
- Pamarth Niketan Ashram & Ganga Aarti in the evening
- Tera Manzil temple and other temples
- Beatles ashram
- Neer Garh Waterfall
- Beatles café and other famous cafes
- Maharishi Cave
- Laxman Jhula
- Ram Jhula
- Ganga Ghat
9Should I be concerned about my safety?
India has a reputation that de-motivates the travelers to visit India. But contrary to these beliefs, Rishikesh is a very safe city. A holy land with less crowd and helpful people, you will find welcoming & friendly citizens. We have students going out and exploring for themselves the shops, places and sights on their own. As far as women tourists are concerned, we have many women tourists from different countries who have been staying in Rishikesh permanently. Crime is very rare and both foreigners and Indian people merge together to form a union and live in harmony.
10What is the condition of drinking water in Rishikesh?
Rishikul Yogshala uses pure and clean drinking water in preparing all its meals and offers pure drinking water that is safe and healthy. If you are out in a restaurant, please check and drink the water. Also, it is inadvisable to drink water from a faucet or a free flowing spring. Another good thing to carry with you if you want pure drinking water is a UV purifier, which can be used to clean any water and drink the same. A good investment and a great tool to carry around with you whenever you go on an adventure trail.
11Can I find good doctors in Rishikesh?
Yes, Rishikesh has good hospitals and doctors who can be approached, if needed.
12Is the area susceptible to diseases?
No. Proper garbage disposal and waste disposal systems ensure that the area is free from germs and diseases. Also, sometimes as part of our Karma yoga initiatives, we conduct thorough cleaning of the entire neighborhood so as to keep the surrounding areas clean and hygienic.
13Should I carry a mosquito repellent with me?
Yes, you can carry a good mosquito repellent from your country to India and use it whenever you step out. Prevention is always better than cure.
14Should I be vaccinated for Malaria, Typhoid, Hepatitis and Japanese Encephalitis?
Yes, getting yourself vaccinated is a good idea. Some of the common vaccination our previous students had taken includes Malaria, Typhoid, Hepatitis and Japanese Encephalitis. So, we advise the same. But Rishikesh does not fall under the high alert zone when it comes to Malaria or Japanese Encephalitis. Although we are not medical professionals, so consulting a good doctor in your country before flying to India is a good idea.
Food & Accommodation
1What are the options available for accommodation?
There are two kinds of options available for our students. They can chose between private accommodation and shared accommodation depending on their preference.
2Can I stay for extra days before or after my teacher training/retreat program?
Yes, on special request that can be arranged. Two or three days prior or after the course can be accommodated easily, but we request you tell us in advance, if any such arrangement is required.
3Can I have friends over to my room to stay with me?
Yes you can have a friend to stay with you in your room. Your guests are our guests, but we request you ensure discipline in the Yogshala at all times. And you will be responsible for any or all of their conduct.
4What all facilities are there in the rooms?
The rooms are big and spacious with enough ventilation. An attached bathroom with a cupboard and a coffee table is allotted to all the students. You can decorate your room as you like, but please ensure that the ashram property is not harmed.
Some of the other facilities include:
Some of the other facilities include:
- Hot and cold running water
- Wi-Fi services
- Weekly cleansing and bed-sheet change
- Attached commodes in the bathroom
5What are the rules of the school regarding smoking, drinking and drugs or coming late?
We strongly refrain from any such act inside the school premises. Also, as you will be the part of the detoxification program, we recommend not indulging in smoking, drinking or drugs even outside the ashram premises. Any such act within the school premises will be considered an illegal act and will lead to strong repercussions. If on any special occasion you want to come in late, please inform the management as the school gate closes by 10. They will be around to open the gates when you come back.
6What kind of food is prepared in Rishikul Yogshala?
Rishikul Yogshala is very mindful of what it offers its students to eat. Ayurvedic food, which is light on the stomach, nutritious and healthy is offered every day. A wholesome diet with fruits, vegetables, Indian herbs, etc. is added to the meal plan on an everyday basis.
7Is there specific amount I will be allotted to eat?
You will be served three meals a day along with herbal drinks and tea (two times a day). The meals are served keeping in mind the dietary requirements of the training.
8Do you also offer non-vegetarian options?
No, we do not offer non-vegetarian options as we follow the principles of yoga, which suggests ‘ahimsa’ or ‘non-violence’. Also, there are many cafes and restaurants in the vicinity that offer a variety of vegetarian food options . You can visit them and enjoy a meal or two.
9Do you also offer vegan, gluten free options?
Yes. In cases, where our students are unable to consume normal food, we do offer vegan or gluten free options. Your comfort and good health is our priority.
10Which branch should I opt for?
Every place has its own charm. You can pick any place that you wish to explore and enjoy it more closely.
- Rishikesh- It is the yoga capital of the world located in the Himalayan foothills. Located by the banks of the Ganges, Rishikesh has lots in store to explore and unravel.
- Kerala- It is the birth place of Ayurveda. It is lined with breathtaking coastline, spa centers and exotic Indian terrain.
- Nepal- Home to the highest mountain peaks, Nepal can be opted if you want to trek the Himalayas.
Bookings & Payments
1How should I book or reserve a seat?
Booking procedure is very simple. Get in touch with the management staff either by filling in the enquiry form to get your booking done.
- The remaining payment is due on arrival.
- Cash payment is preferred, in any major international currency.
- To pay by credit card or PayPal, 4% extra will be charged to cover the commission fees on international transactions.
3Do I pay the whole amount or is installment possible?
Ideally, we take registration amount ($200) initially to book a seat and on arrival, you need to clear the dues within 3 days. Generally, we avoid installment options, but in some special cases, we do allow installment options of maximum 2 installments which need to be cleared in the first 2 weeks.
4In the fee, what all is included?
The fee includes almost everything for 28 days apart from the personal expenses.
- 28 nights’ accommodation
- Three meals every day with tea in the middle of the meals
- Study material with books
- Short excursion trips organized by the school
- All yoga education in the school
5Can I postpone my booking?
Once you have booked a seat with a minimum token amount, you can take up the course anytime within one year from the date of booking at any location of Rishikul Yogashala.
6Can I transfer my booking in someone else’s name?
Unfortunately, no. We do not allow the booking to be shifted from one person to another due to security reasons.
7In an unfortunate case, if I have to cancel my booking, what amount will I receive back?
We are sorry, but the booking amount which you have paid is a non-refundable amount.