When the word yoga conjures up, the image of super-limber women in fitted gear tying themselves to unbelievable knots flashes across the mind of several individuals. Also, many perceive yoga to be a lighter form of exercise best-suited for the women aspiring to improve their flexibility. But, stereotypes and misconceptions aside, the science of yoga provides incredible benefits to both the genders, male and female. Yes, yoga is highly valuable for men too.
Evidence claim that the holistic practice of yoga on a regular basis is very effective in proliferating the overall strength of the body along with restoring it, thus making it a crucial part of a man’s fitness regimen. Different styles of yoga work distinctly on the physical, mental, and spiritual health of men. The meditation practice helps increase the mental resilience of the practitioners which can prove beneficial for the ones working in high powered jobs and are vulnerable to burnouts. By incorporating specific yoga poses for men, they can reap tremendous benefits from the art such as an enhanced vitality, peace, greater levels of perseverance, strength, muscle tone, and lower levels of fatigue.
Here is a list of the top 5 benefits of yoga for men:
1. Enhanced Athletic Performance: Power, strength, speed, and energy are the ingredients of the optimal body mechanics. And, athletes highly recognize the importance of good body mechanics. Bad technique and form hampers the performance of sportsperson and increases the risk of sustaining injuries. Luckily, we have the traditional discipline of yoga that is effectual in enhancing the athletic performance in men naturally. The frequent practice of yoga for men improves flexibility, helps in proper alignment of the body so that they can transmit force more efficiently when playing sports. Yoga also enhances men’s respiratory capacity, blood circulation, joint motion, and energy that makes throws and jumps more powerful and explosive.
2. Lowered Stress level: Outside the yoga class, the world is full of chaos. You have a deadline to meet, bills to pay, workout to complete and what not. Do you ever get the time to distress yourself? It’s not easy in this hush-to rush world to get time for the self, the time to relax, to breathe and to calm down. But with the practice of yoga poses for men, you can rest and rejuvenate. The daily practice of yoga reduces the stress hormone ‘cortisol’ from elevating in the body. An increase in the cortisol level within the body elevates the blood pressure, lowers the immunity, and decreases muscle tissue within the body. Yoga helps prevent all this.
3. Prevents Injury and Speeds up Recovery: Men delving in different kinds of sports activities, exercise routines, etc., are more vulnerable to all sorts of injury and discomfort which slows down the progress of athletic performance. Though there are many ways to cure the suffering, the science of yoga is an exception to all. Daily yoga practices effectively heal the inflamed joints, fascia, muscles, and tissues of the body. The prolonged holding of yoga postures helps restore the connective tissues. Yoga is said to bring a greater awareness to the practitioners that can help men prevent clumsiness during their daily activities and help them indulge in more mindful workouts too.
4. A More Productive Work Life: Add yoga into your daily routine and you have the most natural and powerful solution to boost your work life. Regular yoga practice enhances the overall physical and mental well-being that ease productivity issues like burnouts, illness, absenteeism, and so much more. Mindful yoga practices relax and calm the brain and help people cope up with difficult situations, work-related stress efficiently. It also grants zeal, exuberance, and power, thereby making them better in their professional lives.
5. A full spectrum of Health: Unlike the diverse rigorous workouts, fitness regimes, etc., yoga practices work on the overall health: physical, mental, and emotional. Yoga practices extend beyond the ripped and chiseled body. You may have toned abdominal muscles and be totally pierced with anxiety, rage, and more. Is that what you call a holistic health? If your mind is not calm, you are not emotionally strong, there is no wholesome health. Yoga is the only art that confers the best of both the worlds: a robust physique, serene mind, and a happy soul.
So Men! strive for a radiant, peaceful, and a healthy life with the devoted practice of yoga.
To know more about the Benefits of Yoga in further details, explore our Yoga Teacher Training In India.