It’s a fact– life is busy and stressful. Unless we make a conscious effort to do things that are important to us and our soul, it’s quite easy to get swayed in the everyday storm of a hectic life. It’s the constant procrastination to keep ourselves fit that perpetuates the feeling of exhaustion, anxiety, and several other debilitating states. Till the time we don’t adopt strategies to lead a disciplined life we shall be missing on the key ingredients of joy, happiness, vitality, and balance in our lives.
Whether you are a full-time mother, a vivacious child or a solo entrepreneur, you love to feel energetic and high on spirits to be able to navigate through the busy schedules. Well, yoga as a form of exercise is a great method to enhance one’s own physical agility and mental strength. Take out a few minutes from your jam-packed programme to practice yoga poses for stamina and awaken the dormant energies within you.
Here are is a list of key seven yoga poses to remain active, energetic, and strong throughout the day.
1. Boat Pose — Navasana: Sit upright on a yoga mat with stretched legs and arms on the floor. Keep your hands a few inches behind your hips. As you exhale, bend your knees and lift the feet off the floor bringing your knees close to your chest. Slowly unbend your knees and raise your toes above your eye level. Stretch the arms alongside your legs and gaze in a forward direction.
2. Upward-Facing Bow Pose– Urdhva Dhanurasana: Rest straight on your back with bent knees and elbows, palms on the floor. Press your feet into the floor and raise your tailbone and posterior up. Now, compress your hands down the ground and uplift your head from a yoga mat. Stretch your arms, spread your shoulder blades and hang your head down. Stay in this pose for 5-7 breaths.
3. Upward- Facing Dog Pose– Urdhva Mukha Svanasana: Lie on the floor with face towards the ground. Ensure your legs are extended, feet on the floor and arms around your waist. Stretch your arms and uplift your body and legs 2-3 inches off the floor with an inhalation. Keep the thighs steady and lifted up from a yoga mat. Slightly bend the head backward and look in front.
4. Camel Pose– Ustrasana: Begin on your knees with legs hip-width apart. Position your hands on your pelvic region. Keep your thighs internally rotated and lengthen your tailbone towards the knees. Inhale, expand your ribcage, raise your chest and bring your hands back to hold the heels. Gaze at the tip of your nose.
5. Fish Pose– Matsyasana: Lie in a supine position. Inhale and lift your pelvis off a yoga mat. Now, slide your hands under it and rest your hips on the backside of your palms. Make sure the forearms and elbows are tucked to the sides. With an inhalation, arch your back with the crown of the head resting on the ground. Do not strain your neck.
6. Bow Pose– Dhanurasana: Lie in a prone position. Fold your knees and hike your forelegs up bringing the heels close to your hips. Straighten your arms behind and grab the feet with the palms. Lift your heels apart from the hips and simultaneously raise your thighs above the floor. Try to lift the heels and thighs as high as possible.
7. Goddess Pose– Utkata Konasana: Begin in a mountain pose. Spread your feet 3 inches apart. Turn your toes outward and heels inward making a 45-degree angle with each foot. Exhale, bend your knees keeping the thighs parallel to the floor and hips aligned with the knees. Extend your arms in front and bend your elbows at 90-degree angle with fingers pointing upwards. Remain in this pose for five deep breaths.
Religiously stick with the practice of yoga and perform these yoga poses for stamina to fuel up your strength, energy, and endurance.
To know about these wonderful poses in further detail, explore our Yoga Teacher Training In India.