To embark upon the journey of yoga rooted in traditionalism, history, and practicality is the greatest aspiration of many yoga enthusiasts for the purpose of living a harmonized life established in wellbeing and for guiding the path of others as a professional yoga teacher towards health and positivity.
The 200 hour, 300 hour, and 500 hour yoga teacher training courses offer serious insight into the mystical world and wisdom of yoga. The yoga teacher training courses are a divine composition of theoretical and practical knowledge to evolve as a yoga erudite and a qualified yoga teacher.
Undertaking these courses in the original land of Rishikesh, India is akin to imbibing the knowledge directly from the lineage of the founders and authors of yoga, the sage Patanjali, K.Pattabhi Jois, B.K.S Iyengar, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, and many more yoga luminaries. The land of Gods, Rishikesh, India is the yogi’s’ paradise and home to several great yoga minds who settled in this town for sheer bliss and contentment.
Rishikesh, India boasts of plenty of places to undertake the yoga teacher training courses. For your convenience, here is a list of the best places in Rishikesh, India for yoga teacher training.
1. Parmarth Niketan: Beautifully sitting on the banks of holy river Ganges with a sprawling campus, Parmarth Niketan is undoubtedly the ideal location to begin the journey of yoga in Rishikesh, India. With programs blended in Vedic heritage and spirituality, the yoga teacher training courses at Parmarth Niketan are a truly divine medley for the yoga enthusiasts. The ashram offers best yoga teacher training course in Rishikesh, India along with a sacred atmosphere for imbibing the knowledge of yoga in its truest form.
2. Sivananda Ashram: Enlighten yourself with the lessons of yoga in the divine embrace of Swami Sivananda, the Sivananda Ashram. The Sivananda Ashram stands on the pillars of purity, integrity, nobility, and magnanimity with the sole aim of extending the traditional discipline of yoga to the future generations. This institution is a place of preservation of ancient and cultural practices while continuing the legacy of Swami Sivananda. The ashram resonates the philosophy of love, kindness and believes in helping the students from humble background achieve quality yoga education. For this reason, it offers free yoga and meditation classes to many of those truly interested in yoga.
3. Yoga Niketan: Swami Yogeshwaranand Paramahansa was a renowned Raja Yoga master who spent his life in renunciation in the lap of the majestic Himalayas. He founded Yoga Niketan in 1964. The ashram provides yoga lessons based on the Philosophy of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and strictly follows the itinerary of the Guru. The ashram is well facilitated with peaceful yoga halls, comfortable rooms, and hygienic surroundings.
4. Sadhana Mandir Ashram: Swami Rama established Sadhana Mandir on the embankment of river Ganges in Rishikesh as an international retreat center for the practitioners to observe meditation practices in a spiritually elevating ambiance. Surrounded by blooming gardens, sheltered with luscious mountains, decked with ripe mango trees, and tranquil environment, Sadhana Mandir ashram is ideal for Yoga Sadhana (i.e. Intensive Yoga Study).
5. Swami Rama Sadhaka Grama Ashram: The ashram was founded by the disciple of Swami Rama, the Swami Veda Bharati. This center of divine seekers provides Himalayan meditation techniques and the ashram is a well- renowned place for scientific research on yogic meditation. The place offers best yoga teacher training courses in Rishikesh, India with Hatha yoga, meditation, and pranayama as the central focus of its yoga programs.
6. Rishikul Yogshala: Rishikul Yogshala spreads the science of health to the humanity through their certified yoga teacher training courses and specialized meditation and retreat programs in the quiet haven of Rishikesh, India. The school takes immense pleasure in uniting the yoga community through quality yoga education.
To know more these places in further detail, explore our Yoga Teacher Training In India.