Rishikesh is avowed as the yoga capital of the globe and it is also one of the well-known tourist destinations for adventure lovers. It is a bustling town of national and international travelers throughout the year. Some hail to this holy land to seek spirituality while others come here to satiate their wandering souls. Fun, excitement, and divine experience awaits a soul during a visit to the land of the magnificent Himalayas and the holy Ganges in Rishikesh, India. The town has something special for everyone from a beginner to an expert.
The shimmering Holy Ganges is an enticer. The incantation of prayers and melodious hymns uplift the soul, the natural scenic backdrops revive the senses, and the adrenaline pumping adventures feed the nerves. The town of Rishikesh is a fusion of godliness and pleasure, which is why it is known by two different names- The land of Holiness and the Adventure Capital Of India. Additionally, the town enjoys equitable climate throughout the year. But visiting Rishikesh during the month of May can make your expedition even more special. In this month when the entire country is wrapped in dry heat and humidity, the weather in Rishikesh is mild and moderate. As the weather is unpredictable here, you can actually witness rain making the temperature in Rishikesh in May fall considerably.
Here are some notable reasons for visiting Rishikesh in the month of May:
1. Experience Peace and dwell in the scenic beauty: When you long to escape the daily mundane life in search of peace and relaxation, your quest ends in the town of Rishikesh. Located in the foothills of the Himalayas and surrounded by the sacred Ganges, the picturesque location offers enchanting views of the city to locales and beauty admirers. With an abundance of marvelous temples and pilgrimage sites, it is certainly a legendary place where peace and spirituality can be truly felt. Witness the stupendous beauty of Rishikesh in the month of May by visiting the Valley of flowers. Walking through the vibrant and charming meadows of the alpine flowers provide an inner calm and utter bliss. Get allured by the floral pastures, beautiful mountains, and running streams and invigorate your senses.
2. Experience Thrill With Adventurous Sports and other Activities: Experience an Indian Tourism tour of excitement and thrill in Rishikesh with various adventurous sports. Thanks to this holy city that offers numerous things to do in Rishikesh in May such as river rafting, kayaking, cliff jumping, rappelling and rock climbing, trekking and so much more, not to mention at affordable prices. You can also hangout at one of the coolest places in Rishikesh–The Beatles Ashram. The ashram is located in a magnificent spot within the Rajaji National park with the holy river Ganga flowing behind it. The famous English Rock Band Beatles traveled to Rishikesh to attend transcendental meditation course at the ashram and wrote several inspiring hits here.
3. Dwell in Soulful Yoga Practices: Rishikesh is a perfect destination if you are looking for soothing yoga practices among the beautiful environs. With numerous temples, ashrams, yoga schools, the town of Rishikesh lures many individuals looking for authentic yoga knowledge. The land of Rishikesh is home to several great yogis, saints, and sages for guidance and deep immersion into yoga and meditation practices. In addition to this, attend the Ganga Aarti and witness the varied, colorful Hindu traditions and embrace the momentous and tranquil moments.
4. Heal your body with Ayurvedic Practices: Travel to the land of mystic and the mighty Himalayas– Rishikesh and undergo authentic Ayurveda practices. Rishikesh is one of the best places to restore your goodness and wellbeing where various ayurvedic treatments are offered under the guidance of experienced ayurvedic doctors and practitioners. Nurture your internal and external health with traditional ayurvedic massages and therapies in Rishikesh weather in May. In addition to this, savour the wide variety of ayurvedic meals at numerous cafes in Rishikesh with views of Ganges and keep your health in the optimum state.
5. Commune with kindred souls: Rishikesh tops the list of a majority of people whether they desire to unfold the mystics of yoga, or seek peace, or just want to try out some exciting sports. The bearable heat attracts an influx of people to the lap. As you set out to explore the holy town you get to meet several vivacious spirits with similar reason as yours who help you embrace the new, improved life.
Head to Rishikesh in the month of May and embark upon a healthier, happier, and a memorable journey.
To Know more about Rishikesh – India, join yoga teacher training in India.